Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Phone was in a bag, in the pouring rain.

Well, I had a soccer game, and my phone was in my bag, and it started pouring. And my phone got wet. As soon as I saw it wet, I pulled the battery. When I got home, and put it back in, to see what happened. It was stuck at the Application Permissions screen, so I deleted that app, and restarted the phone, and it booted up find.

I am able to scroll but none of the buttons work.

Once the buttons stopped working, I took it out, and put it in a container of rice.

Any chance it will work again? Warranty is long over, so nothing there. How can I see water damage indicators?

EDIT:

The phone's water damage indicators are not "on" meaning that they are both white, and not pink or other colors. So I guess it has no water damage? But I'm sure it does.
    Last edited by albokid2468; 09-28-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Global Posts
    35,468 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

There's moisture under the keypad membrane. It's not too tricky to disassemble. You can get a set of small Torx drivers at any hardware store. There are 6 screws. You can find videos on youtube to follow. Once it's apart, carefully peel the membrane of the board, and let it dry. If there's corrosion on the contacts, clean them with a lightly damp Q-tip with Isopropyl alcohol. The cup springs on the membrane can be cleaned too, just be careful you don't move them and don't get the alcohol on the adhesive. Once it's clean and dry, reapply it. I used a few thumb tacks to line it up. There's holes in the board and membrane. Then put her back together, and it should be fine. Great that the trackball is working well. That dome is a PITA.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the answer, I might have to go to sears to get a T-6. That's what I need right? Or T-5? Some videos said T6 and some said T5?

Anyways, is there anyway I can get the unread text messages? I just want to know the sender. nvm, I got it: Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor, forensic tool free trial at cnet
    Last edited by albokid2468; 09-29-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Global Posts
    35,468 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

It takes both sizes. Just get a full set, it's cheaper. That's the app I would have suggested for extracting the info you want.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"