Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24B00FDB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Which OS Version Enabled the Mute Button?

Which OS version had the Mute button working to put 8900 on standby? My lock button intermittently works. Have to press it many times to lock or unlock the phone. Any help is appreciated.
    P.S.
    I can lock it with the "a" but how to unlock besides the Lock button?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me!

I used .1036. btw, what is the difference between standby and lock actually? and yeah, i'm using A button to lock, but i dunno which button to unlock besides the lock button on the top..
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24B00FDB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

The mute button (top right) used to be the standby button. Since some upgrades this button got disabled for standby use. Standby is now the Lock button. Since the Lock button works intermittently on my phone I want to go back where I can use the Mute button to put it on standby.
    Thanked by:
    rafishinoda (01-18-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Mute unlock not working, workaround

As someone noted earlier, mute-as-unlock gradually stopped working. A crude but effective workaround on my 9000 is to press and hold the red "hangup" button. This initiates the power-off sequence but pressing any key will interrupt the power-off and leave the handset unlocked.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Wasn't it 5.0.0.411 that had it last? I'm not sure. Or was it gone in all versions of OS 5.0?