Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Newest Official 8900 OS 5.0.0.592 - Wind Hellas

8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.592 Wind Hellas

Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1004 (Multilanguage)
    File Name: 8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.592_Wind_ Hellas.exe
    Download Size: 128.996
    MB Language: English
    Published Date: 04/08/2010

Download Link
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FC2CBF77C40AF4
    Mediafire link
    8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.592_Wind_ Hellas.exe.7z
    Last edited by lamson; 04-09-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add Mediafire link
    CrackBerry User

is there other OS from this version which is support east asia language?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by pandamon View Post
    is there other OS from this version which is support east asia language?
    Edit: Here's All Language version which includes BOTH Multilang and EastAsia language package.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1004 (All Languages)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1004
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.592
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.58
    * File name: 8900jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.59 2_Indosat.exe
    * File size: 155.13MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software
    Last edited by fusioncal; 05-09-2010 at 11:51 PM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Thanks lamson Installing just now..........

Here is a rs.com link to dl : RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's device:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device
    Last edited by irvysan; 04-09-2010 at 08:46 AM.
    CrackBerry User

this was on the main page today. im wondering what the difference is between this one and .509
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dennis-8900 View Post
    this was on the main page today. im wondering what the difference is between this one and .509
    So far the only thing I have found is they fixed the next track issue in the music player.
    CrackBerry User

The install was faster - 20 min straight to upgrade

Battery seems to last longer, need more time to confirm.

Menu's seem to navigate faster while scrolling.

The bootup bar is faster (it comes to 100% pretty quick) but actual boottime is same.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica1108 View Post
    Are there any noticeable differences between .509 and .592?
    I went from .411 to .592 and it seems more stable then .411. Battery life I've yet to find out but OS 5.0.0.xxx is deffinately londer then OS 4.6.XXX. One thing is that on OS 5.0.0.XXX the DND feature is gone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by froots View Post
    I went from .411 to .592 and it seems more stable then .411. Battery life I've yet to find out but OS 5.0.0.xxx is deffinately londer then OS 4.6.XXX. One thing is that on OS 5.0.0.XXX the DND feature is gone

I'm running .411 right now with no problems. Can you elaborate on how .592 is better than .411? Is it worth the upgrade?
    CrackBerry User

Upgraded from .411

From upgrade standpoint, this was my first from OS 5 to another OS 5 and I couldn't be happier, both with the speed of update and that EVERYTHING (except app world) was backed up and restored without a hitch (even down to theme settings/gmail plugin, etc.), so aside from the need to re-active a few payed apps, I say you got nothing to lose from upgrading.

I can't comment too much on performance yet, so far I only noticed browser load speed is slightly faster (at least over wifi). I was unhappy how sometimes on .411 my phone would sometimes hang with loading random apps (even gmail). Too early to tell if this happens on this version, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pong

cool - the jump from 4.6 to 5.0 was a no-brainer but I haven't been wowed or motivated enough yet to jump from .411 to all these minimal 5.0 upgrades - I'll keep an eye on this one. Since .411 has worked great for me I don't feel any real pull to update again - the good old "if it ain't broke..." I guess
    CrackBerry Abuser

What's the best way to go from OS 4.6 to 5.0? Can you just upgrade, or do you need to do some kind of clean install?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

Last night my battery started to be a huge POS. Lasting no more than 3 hours on a 100% charge, I updated this morning from .509 to .592 hoping for a last ditch effort before having to buy a new battery and it has turned around the performance. The phone was overheating and the battery even drained from 100% to 0% overnight while turned off.
    Other than my personal issue solution, a positive fix was that the photo viewer no longer displays the photos in a pixelated form and are as clear as on 4.6.
    Kind of missing the games, but oh well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

Then again... there could have been an issue with BBM 5.0.1 or the beta Twitter because they're both gone now.
    I don't know what the issue was, all I know is after I loaded .592, my battery issue went away.
    CrackBerry User

Anyone running .592 still seeing the SMS lockup bug?
    CrackBerry User

I am trying to upgrade to this but it just brings up a list of what i have installed and then says no action is required. The OS is the only one to be installed on the computer and I deleted the vendor.xml so not too sure why it isn't updating. I have updated before and never had this problem.
    Phone History: Sony Ericcson Z520A > Sony Ericcson W580i > BB 7290 > BB Pearl 8100 > BB Curve 8900
    CrackBerry User

Is there any difference between this one and the leaked one ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy audio quality

hey the audio volume is very less in this new version compared to 4.0.x.x version
    CrackBerry User

anyone's battery seem to be worse?\
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

is MEMO Pad on this one? I'm on .554, and memo pad disappeared for me, went to the DM and it wasn't even on the application list to install
    Do or do not, there is no try.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1edyson View Post
    is MEMO Pad on this one? I'm on .554, and memo pad disappeared for me, went to the DM and it wasn't even on the application list to install
    MemoPad is fine on this one. The only thing let out is some of the games.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Installed onto a coworkers 8900 today just fine for her.

Backed up, did a full 507 wipe with BBSAK, clean install on an ATT 8900, restored from the back up, popped the SIM in, everything is up and running smooth as far as I've been informed so far.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Does bluetooth tethering with Mac OS X work?

CrackBerry User

PIN
    280344BA

so what's the diff between .592 and .509, actually?
    Bold 9900 and LOVIN' IT!
    CrackBerry Newbie

ok a VERY VERY noob question....and i apologize for this in advance but wanted to know if I could install this update for a t-mobile USA phone? I get nervous when updating phones...

Thanks in advance for this
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast