CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I think my BB has a memory leak :(

I think my BB had/has a memory leak.

I'm running .174. I've put my BB on and off standby a few times today and was playing Brick Breaker a lot (bored during lunch). I also read a few emails and an SMS. Later in the day I turned on the bluetooth and connected my headset. When I tried to make a call with the voice dial it said there was not enough space available. I did a battery pull. The restart was longer than usual. After the restart the voice dial over bluetooth worked but, for the first time, it got the name the wrong! I'm very clear when I speak and I was in the car, where I normally use the voice dial.

I hope after this pull things will be alright.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Most bb os have memory leaks that's nothing new just try to find a good working os with the least of problems. I'm running 168 but I heard 199 just came out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2240F8C6

.174 has a memory leak in it i believe... i've actually noticed it many times but it didnt bug me as much. I'm currently running the updated beta os of .199 so im going to see if there is a big difference between the 2 os's
    Current Devices In Use: bold 9900&9800
    Past Devices: Unlocked 9800, 9700, 8900, 8320, 8120, 8100, iPhone 3G 16gb
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

From what I understand from the threads, if a carrier decides to pick up one of the OS versions then it comes out of beta? Do carriers only pick stable betas or do they pick a beta they like and ask RIM to finalize it? And why doesn't RIM just release a blanket OS update for all phones, regardless of carrier?