Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I can't access site mobile.blackberry.com from both Blackberry 8900 and 8310

I have a Curve 8900 and a Blackberry Curve 8310 I've been having the same problem since yesterday the 23rd August 2009. I just can't access or reach the site mobile.blackberry.com.

I keep getting the following Massage on both blackberries

Non-Blackberry Page
    Thanks for visiting mobile.blackberry.comNon-BlackBerry Page, your destination to get free stuff for your blackberry smartphone such as themes, wallpapers, ringtones, and more. Unfortunately, your current device AND/OR BROWSER are not compatible for this site.

I have wiped the handheld, downgraded the software, upgraded. registered, resent service books, contacted Carrier support. The settings are the same they have been forever. The browser is set to Internet Browser, not Firefox or IE.

Since this is happening on both blackberries I think this is related to RIM somehow. Mostly it seems users outside of the US are getting this kind of error.

I think RIM is concentrating too much on the app store that they forgot that the rest of the world cannot use it to download the software and that we need the old site up and running.
    CrackBerry Addict

Have you read this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ca...er-why-300374/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Access to mobile.blackberry.com

Yeah I saw it but mine is different in that mine stopped working all of a sudden. I had been using the same blackberry for a while now. The last app I installed was maybe a couple of weeks ago.
    CrackBerry Addict

The main point in the other thread was not to enter www in the address. If that's not the problem then try a battery pull. Last try setting the browser identifier to blackberry.
    CrackBerry Addict

Under browser configuration set browser to internet browser and browser identifier to BB save and try again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Default Found out the real problem

Everything under the browser is set correctly. I have found out what the problem is after talking to a couple of other guys who have blackberries. It seems everyone using the blackberry on my same carrier can't access the blackberry specific pages. I have talked to 2 other people and they have the same exact problem. After talking with the carrier support they told since other sites are working correctly then it is RIMs fault.

What I think is happening is this. My carrier Etisalat in the UAE was caught recently trying to install a spyware app on their customers devices as an "update". I guess it wouldn't be far off to assume they're something else fishy going on. I think it might be time for me to switch back to a Nokia and stick to wifi points with a VPN.
    CrackBerry User

Default Non-BlackBerry Page!

I have the exact same pbm. When i open my BB browser, the home page goes to a "Non-BlacBerry Page!" as described in posts above.

I have full data service: i can visit any other webpages and receive/send my emails no pbms.

I have read up on this pbm and tried the empty cache/history + battery pull solution + correct browser settings, but the pbm still remains.
    Everything else works great.

I had a Bold before with the same carrier and had no pbms reaching the BB hompage. I've asked a couple of friends yesterday with BB Bold and they had no pbms reaching the BB homepage.

My 8900 is up-to-date via DM 5.0. i'm running v4.6.1.206 plateform 4.2.0.102.

Please help. Thank you.

yns

PS: if i may be honest, i just dont see how getting a nokia will solve the BB homepage, which is mainly for BB users anyway
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Helppppppp

My blackberry browser is not available on the drop down list and so I can't get this to work.....how do i get the blackberry browser back?????

-----------------------------------------------------
    ADDED BY PK.......

Please use this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ca...ser-why-300374