CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to completely remove ATT data plan?

I don't have any data plan with my 8900. Still I can get online with "Pay as you go" Data from ATT.

I always use wi-fi to connect to internet. I completely want to disable ATT data so I can not use it accidentally.

I removed all the APN settings, still I can go online without wi-fi. How to stop 8900 to use ATT's Data completely?
    CrackBerry Abuser

How did you get rid of the data plan and not get another one put on??
    CrackBerry Addict

He is john conner man! He should know how to hack a bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post

Haha, this is something I've been interested in for a really long time. I've figured it out for the iPhone 2G but I can't find a way online for BB or any other smart phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post

+1 i like what you mean
    CrackBerry User

Have you tried going into "Mobile Network" under Options and turning off "Data Services"?

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    I don't have any data plan with my 8900. Still I can get online with "Pay as you go" Data from ATT.

I always use wi-fi to connect to internet. I completely want to disable ATT data so I can not use it accidentally.

I removed all the APN settings, still I can go online without wi-fi. How to stop 8900 to use ATT's Data completely?
    I used a bold 9700 for less than 24 hours and they added the data plan to my line!! how'd you get no data?!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by asianmafia1121 View Post
    I used a bold 9700 for less than 24 hours and they added the data plan to my line!! how'd you get no data?!
    ask his "grandfather"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I had an HTC 8525 without a data plan previously, and recently upgraded to the Blackberry 8900 and they didn't require me to buy a data plan, nor have they turned one on. It does say in my agreement that they could add a data plan on "other designated Smartphones", but when I upgraded this phone was not labeled as requiring a data plan (although the iphone did, and when I went to upgrade my wife's phone [who did not previously have a smartphone w/out data plan like i did] to an 8900 it was requiring a data plan so we got something else for her). If they try to add a data plan to my phone, I will certainly take it to court if they want to play silly games.

Data Plans: An eligible data plan is required for certain devices, including iPhones and other designated
    Smartphones. Eligible data plans cover data usage in the U.S. and do not cover international data usage and charges. If it
    is determined that you are using an iPhone or other designated Smartphone without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves
    the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee.

I removed all the APN settings and am unable to make use of the data services...
    For example, the facebook app won't work etc.

U1542: Data/Messaging usage is not available for viewing at this time.