Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Found Curve 8900

OK my mum works for a local club as a cleaner, And on Friday found a pretty bashed up bb curve 8900 in the men's loo's She could have given it to the manager but his a dodgy little sod, he would have only keep it..

If you have lost such phone in the Essex Area UK then PM me and give me some description on where about lost the network its on and some cosmetician damage the phone has taken and your more then welcome to have back...

The phone has no sim card or memory card and appears to be clear from any messages, numbers etc the contact list is empty...

All the functions work fine and apart from the damaged case its in total working order.

My brother in law tried his same network sim card and the phone seem to locate that network but was unable to make or receive calls or even dial the customer support number, so I'm guessing its locked...So I'm guessing the phone is pretty much useless apart from being a funky looking MP3 player..

My conscience is split between handing into police or keeping it, if i was to keep it, can it ever be used..
    CrackBerry Addict

if you were too keep it sounds like it could be used. you would need to unlock the device it sounds like so you could use it with your service provider. personally your karma looks good rite now, you posted here with the general phone discreption. im not sure if your local authorities would take an over the phone report or require you to drop it off. do you have craigslist there. you may want to post there. honestly i know that if my bb went missing i would be lonely but its odd it didnt have a sim card or any thing, maybe someone thought someone else might like it,
    another day another dollar, gots to have more dollars
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you go to cellunlock.net they will unlock the phone for you at a low price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

It's not yours, do the right thing and turn it in...
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he did not exist...
    CrackBerry Genius

Call the carrier and give them the PIN and IMEI and they will notify the customer the phone has been found. As stated above, its not yours.

CrackBerry User

Finders keepers

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    Finders keepers
    You wouldn't be saying that if it was yours...
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he did not exist...
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

AT&T has no policy to inform the owners of found phones that the devices have been located.

Too easy for people to do bad stuff like that.

Hmm... Now, it's normally against company policy to contact customers for any reason outside of VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION or to follow up on a commitment or promised callback...

See, the real problem is, the only intermediary is a retail store, and stores are not typically staffed by honest people. This goes for EVERY carrier.

Okay, look, call the carrier, say you found a BlackBerry, give them the IMEI of the phone, and ask if they can set up a meeting with you and the manager of a local retail store to deliver the phone to the manager, and then to have the manager contact the owner for pickup after the fact.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Just think like this. If you lost your phone what would you want the person that found It to do. Do the right thing and turn it in
    CrackBerry User

No SIM or memory card, or messages, or contacts... You dont just clear your phone take out the SIM and memory card and carry it around in your pocket.. Someone clearly does not want the device anymore. It is yours.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Well Ive decided to keep it, lol....Its been chucked and its pretty bashed up, so I'm guessing some angry dumped bloke on new year eve lost his temper with it..

So how do i make it work, eg make called text ect, all other functions work fine, its seems to be locked to the orange network..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

You need to be on a blackberry tariff before it will work. All the settings will be sent to the handset once you have registered it to your account and changed to the blackberry plan. You will need to give orange the handsets pin number and IMEI.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Avery8900 View Post
    No SIM or memory card, or messages, or contacts... You dont just clear your phone take out the SIM and memory card and carry it around in your pocket.. Someone clearly does not want the device anymore. It is yours.
    Yea i was thinking about that. Noone would just take out their SIM and memory card, and then wipe it clean and leave it in the bathroom. Doesnt make much sense. Then they called in and said their phone was stolen. The previous owner must have been trying to get a new phone since the current one is so beat up!!
    Rocking a 9700 w/ Crysis V1 for 9700

Retired: Curve 8900, Storm 9550

twitter.com/riseofr1ce

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    up grrrrrl

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    Finders keepers
    Boooooooooooo
    CrackBerry User

This is where we would questions your integrity....
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SevereDeceit View Post
    You wouldn't be saying that if it was yours...
    Very True.
    CrackBerry User

hey if your drunk and carless enough to lose your blackberry in a club, you dont deserve to own one! i used to work in a club in niagara falls canada and we would find phones everynight and if nobody came back for them or asked for it, we would find a good home for them
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2209D6E9

Do the honourable thing and hand it in to the nearest police station to where it was found.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If as you said that it fired up, picked up a signal but could not sent messages or dial numbers etc. Then there is a possibility that its been blacklisted, which would indicate either an insurance replaced phone or stolen etc. If its as beet up as you said than it could well be the case, you can ring the carrier and give them the imei and they can tell you if its blacklisted, if it is then its useless as once blacklisted it can't be undone, and as its highly illegal to tinker with imei numbers it might just be a spares phone, screen, keyboard, speaker etc??