Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post Facebook app for 8900

Good morning from UK, newbie on crackberry and I hope someone can guide me. I have an 8900 with bb data plan. The software is v4.6.1.199 (Platform 4.2.0.102). Hoping to get my facebook account running on this. So I've searched the forums and googled and have come up with this ...
    1) Early versions (1.8) of facebook are said to work on my OS but an extensive google search to download this leads me to dead links or back to RIM where I only have the option of the latest version which I can't run on my OS.
    2) A search of these forums suggests that the Facebook app may already be on the software package pre-loaded, but again I can't find it.
    3) Which leads me to an OS upgrade to 5. Again opinion on the forums seems very divided on this. I love the 8900, it does almost everything I want with google maps, Opera Mini and BBtracker added. It does WiFi for browsing and I really don't want to mess around with it unless I have to. I just want to put a usable facebook app on.

So specifically the questions are - where can I find for download the 1.5Mb or so facebook app that will work with what I have? If this isn't available (it must be *somewhere* surely) is it on my original package (I have the original install cd and desktop manager)? And finally, if "no" to both of these, is it worthwhile upgrading to OS 5 and will the latest FB software work on this.

Thanks in advance, I really have tried to sort this out myself but failed miserable
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

You can download the Facebook app from App World.

I would recommend updating to OS5, just ensure you do a backup in case anything goes wrong.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks, the only facebook app on appworld is the latest release which won't work with my OS. I don't want the hassle of an OS upgrade, just want to get a facebook app working, hence search for an older version which should work immediately on what I have. Everything that I have on the 8900 is working fine at the moment and I don't want to make any problems (or waste time with un-necessary work).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

The Facebook app in app world requires os4.5 or above so you should be fine.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

OK thanks, I'll upgrade to OS 5 and try it, appreciate replies.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

Default Facebook app for 8900

mobile.blackberry.com would automatically select the version of facebook for you based on your BB. easiest way to try

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    *TT* M® Mo®®ˇ$ *TT*