Experiences with SN Traders
03-10-14 02:04 PM
- I am considering ordering an 8900 from SN Traders as they have a really good price, the phone comes unlocked already and also it comes with free Overnight Shipping in the US and Canada. I asked, and it was originally a Rogers branded 8900. A few people in the forums have had good experiences with these guys so I'm considering giving them a shot. Anyone else have any additional feedback for SN traders good or bad? Any other suggestions for online merchants that you have had really good experiences with? All feedback will be appreciated.01-10-09 12:35 PM
- I would not suggest.
I ordered a 8900, phone came, missing all accessories, a user manual for an 8300 was placed in a GENERIC blackberry box.
I e-mailed asking why original items & box were not sent, I was asked to send back the box and they'd send the accessories.
I have yet to receive accessories for the phone, and this was before Christmas.01-10-09 03:13 PM
The AT&T Bold ended up cheaper when I looked around than the Rogers branded version due to the local availability... etc...01-10-09 06:33 PM
i believe in another thread that the unsubsidized cost may still be around 500 or so.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-10-09 07:01 PM
- 01-10-09 07:11 PM
- 01-10-09 08:16 PM
- Just to follow up on this ... I contacted the website and had a few email conversations with the seller. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. He even explained that during the holidays there was a mix up with shipping and some phones that were supposed to get returned to the vendor were accidentally shipped out to customers. Then, because it was the holidays, communication was slow. I felt that sounded like a reasonable explanation. I am a small business owner myself so I like to support small businesses so I decided to order with SN Traders. I placed my order at around 1 am this morning so I expect he processed the order today and I'll probably have it by tomorrow morning. Hopefully everything will be fine, I'll let you guys know.01-15-09 01:58 PM
- Hi aristile, I've dealt with SN Traders online as well as in person (their head office is in my city). For the most part, I'm content with their service.. I say this only because the first time I dealt with them, they were very understanding and willing to help.
I had an issue with a phone I purchased from them having terrible reception in a 5-bar area. Suffice to say, I ended up returning it without too much of a problem and ended up with a phone more to my satisfaction. Half a year or so down the road, I decided to pick up an 8220 and this is where I started to run into some of their "people skills" issues. They gave me such simple one-worded answers to my questions which did not help at all, and really came off as disinterested in selling me a phone.
Anyways, eventually I got confirmation from them that they had 8220's in stock and so I told them I would leave work early (just to make it to their office in time) halfway across the city, through rush hour. I get there only to have them tell me they don't have any in stock. They asked me when I confirmed with them about the availability and I told them, literally 30 minutes ago. They made up some BS about how someone just came and bought the last one before me. This did not sit well with me. They told me to come back in a few days when they had more in stock. I did.. this time they were true to their word and so I walked out with a "new" phone (the packaging had to be opened and the device turned on for them to unlock it before selling it). I went home only to find out that it was not accepting my SIM card (I'm on Rogers and these BB's were unlocked from T-Mobile). I went back the next day (and mind you, it isn't exactly a friendly trek to drive there) and they were confused and offered to replace it. This was after the lady there took her sweet time chatting with two other customers before finally getting to me. She said the unlock code was probably just not put in, so she attempted to do so.. no luck. Then asked me to come back (AGAIN) when the head guy would be in to take a look. I promptly refused and requested a full refund and told myself I would never shop there again.
Essentially, my situation is isolated and I'm not saying you will have to go through all that. When things go right, SN Traders is perfectly fine to deal with and you should have no problems.. but just be aware that they don't really value their customers (they focus more on wholesale rather than retail). No customer should have to go through all that.
Last edited by Taryon; 01-15-09 at 03:00 PM.01-15-09 02:57 PM
- Haha, sorry.. I was going to respond to this thread a few days ago but I got caught up and completely forgot about it. You should be okay though. It sounds as if they answered most of your questions already, so the only potential issue would be if something doesn't work correctly (*crosses fingers for no issues*).
Let us know how your phone is once you get it01-15-09 03:21 PM
- Will do. Incidentally they emailed me right after I posted because they only had my billing address (which was a P.O.) box so I had to send them my street address. Doh! Didn't even realize I provided only the billing when I ordered. I also requested a tracking number.01-15-09 03:24 PM
- HeHe. I wish I knew! Unfortunately, they couldn't use FedEx because of the P.O. Box mix up so it had to be shipped using the Canada Post. Here is all the information I have at this time:
Date of Event 2009/01/15
Time of Event 19:45
Location MAPLE, ON
Description Item accepted at the Post Office
I'm going to check at the Post Office in a few hours. If its not there I'm going to H O P E it comes in tomorrow. If not it is going to be a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG weekend waiting for it to come in. At least I can mess around with this new Bolt Browser in the meantime. I just watched that video from Kevin and the thing looks amazing!01-16-09 03:50 PM
OK, so I have good news and bad new (uber, you're going to love this one). The good news is the phone is at the Post Office. The bad news is that the workers decided to leave early today and they were already closed when I got there. That's one of the perks that comes along with living in a small town. I'll go there first thing in the morning and pick that sucka up. I hope I can get some sleep.01-16-09 06:07 PM
- More bad news. Turns out the package I was waiting for wasn't the phone after all but instead something the wife ordered. DOH! PLUS, it didn't come in today either - have no idea why not. And now I have to wait until Tuesday because Monday is MLK day. double DOH!! Oh well, all I can do is wait for it to come in.01-17-09 12:12 PM
- I am curious about SN Traders too. I took your advice and looked them up, Aristile. I called and they are out for today but will have more tomorrow. Did yours come with the blackberry box and all the accessories with it? That is all I am worried about is if it will come with everything it is suppose to have and it works properly. So basically if I get this I would just need a sim card? I have Verizon now, debating staying with them or going to T-Mobile. Know if there is any noticeable difference in services?01-21-09 04:55 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 8900
Experiences with SN Traders
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD