CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default eeek

so im really excited about the 8900 on tmobile but a lot of ppl tell me i should wait for a little while till the fix the "kinks" i really dont want to wait anymore and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with their 8900 and if something does happen to mine that is manufacturers error will it be repleaced or fixed for free? i really need feedback
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

No issues with mine. Some people wish the video recording rez was higher. Some don't like the battery cover or micro sd slot. It just seems to be personal issues. No real hardware problems. And firmware updates are coming out fast and furious. It was sent with .114 and since then there have been several betas with .133 becoming official and .144 is in the wild and there are stories of .151 and up. There will always be room for improvement for people but just like RIM hopes for their products, the 8900 "just works". Its awersome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

If anything for the 8900 is fixed after you purchase it, you will be able to obtain the "fix".

Upgrading the OS is the only way they would fix bugs, unless they recalled all of the 8900s for some random hardware defect and came out with a totally redesigned model free of the said bugs.

At any rate... do not worry about it and get one now.
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

I have one and I love it, its a great device. I guess people are a little gun shy now that the Storm and Bold have come through with lots of initial problems.

PIN
    ( ͡•_͡•)

With the 8900, RIM has solved many of the "problems" seen with earlier BlackBerrys. There is a ton of file free memory, so lots of room for apps. It has a fast processor so it can do more. It can stream media and surf the net with ease. This is a great device now, so go get one.

CrackBerry Abuser

No problems here.

I got it just before launch in the UK. I wasn't worried about problems as it builds on the incredibly reliable original curve.

I know the hardware is different but I felt there wasn't going to be many issues.

The only problem I had was with the battery life and thats now solved.
    Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all, heavenly environment; of these, if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built.
    - James Allen; As a Man Thinketh

Global Posts
    10,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

You should get one ASAP!!!!!!

we all love our 8900!!!!
    Collect coins or want extra income??? https://www.numisnetwork.com/CER

I'll Stop procrastinating tomorrow!!

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

No issues... had mine for two weeks now... VERY HAPPY!!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Danger_Mouse View Post
    No problems here.

I got it just before launch in the UK. I wasn't worried about problems as it builds on the incredibly reliable original curve.

I know the hardware is different but I felt there wasn't going to be many issues.

The only problem I had was with the battery life and thats now solved.
    thanks for all the info everyone i feel more comfertable getting one now and yes the problems with the storm is what scares me but about the batter life problem what was that and how was it fixed?

Global Posts
    10,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

Some people get great life out of the battery. I am an extremely heavy use and the battery last me the whole day. I just charge it in my charging pod at night.

I think most people have stopped using the provided sleeve that comes with the phone and that helped along with an updated OS (.133 official &.144 beta leak).
    Collect coins or want extra income??? https://www.numisnetwork.com/CER

I'll Stop procrastinating tomorrow!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

so should i pretty much plan on having to update my os ive never done this before so it makes me nervous i think id cry if i messed up my brand new blackberry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,981 Global Posts
    PIN
    Sucka Free

I have had no issues with mine. I am still using the default OS it comes with. Upgrading your OS is very simple just follow the instructions and take your time. The whole process takes a while anyway so no need to rush.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24A9DD10

Has mine since Monday and haven't put it down since...great phone
    cracked Out

Global Posts
    10,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

Quote Originally Posted by Min-dizzle View Post
    so should i pretty much plan on having to update my os ive never done this before so it makes me nervous i think id cry if i messed up my brand new blackberry
    It is easy to do with the step by step directions on this forum.

You can always wait a few days and see how the battery life is for you.

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Min-dizzle View Post
    We have all been in your shoes for the first time we had to upgrade the OS on our phone and I'm sure we were all nervous and had reservations. I know I did. Just follow the upgrade procedure in my signature and you should be fine. Take your time and follow every step exactly. I used this procedure the first time I upgraded my OS and I even still use this same procedure today even though I have upgrade my OS countless times.