Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    20fa04fd
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default edge network issues???

is the edge network for the 8900 really all that bad/slow as ppl are saying???

... i'm thinking about getting one but i'm still unsure about the data network.

any info would be a big help

thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

I think most people would call it adequate. Its not terrible or bad by any stretch but its not flying either. I've only been using mine for a couple weeks and have had no problems with it. I would recommend getting it... you can do pretty much anything on it without issue.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Yeah I've had mine for a few days now coming from an iphone and I love this thing. I'm lucky in the fact that everywhere I go in my area I have wifi pretty much all the time. Also I feel atts 3g is a joke as I've had better reception with this phone not being on 3g than I ever had on my iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I've been using my 8900 for a month on EDGE speeds (T-Mobile) and been pretty satisfied. I use the BB browser with javascript disabled and pages load pretty damn fast. Have had virtually no problems whatsoever except that the coverage is a tad worse with T-Mobile than it was with Alltel. Still, I'll take the much cheaper T-Mobile plans anyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

EDGE isnt the best thing in the world but its reliable. i wouldnt complain about it because i wouldnt want tmobile's crappy 3G on my 8900 anyway
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    20fa04fd
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

thanks for the input everyone

... one more question: on edge can you watch youtube videos? if so, is it choppy? (just curious)
    CrackBerry User

So, I just got my 8900 from Tmo yesterday, and I can't seem to keep (or get) EDGE on my phone. I have GPRS right now, and it is SLOW!!! (I'm in Philadelphia)

Any help?