Dropped my phone in MILK! HELP!
I dropped my 8900 in an inch of milk and because I was driving I couldnt pull it out as quickly as Id have liked to. I didnt take the battery out as soon as I should have and I was sure it killed the battery. It dried up some on its own but I also let it sit in a bowl of rice for 2 days. I then inserted the battery without the SIM card and it worked! buuuut when i took out the battery to place it in it didnt want to turn on for me again.
Do i need to submerge it in distilled water? Get a whole new battery?? Or am I completely out of luck??
I really need the info on my blackberry and I just want to know how to get to it.
Thank you for any help you can offer! Im REALLY new at this!
- 09-18-2010, 08:42 AM #3
You may have missed your chance the backup the data up when it first re-boot without the SIM.
The only other thing that has worked for me in the past is to place the 8900 with the battery removed and the cover off lying on it face, out in the sun for an hour. then bring it in, insert the battery and restart the device. If it starts attach it to your PC and use DM to compy all the data via Backup ASAP!
Then get a new phone. This one will never work right again!
- CrackBerry Abuser
09-18-2010, 10:21 AM #4
- 266 Posts
loool..i had a similar incident but I had spilled coffee on mine. Luckily for me it didnt get into the mainboard and I managed to dry it out on time. I placed mine on top of the fridge for about 2days. I believe at this point you will need to disassemble the device and wipe out any trace of liquid carefully and do not use other solvents in the process...be extra careful and make sure you are grounded as you do not want to build static charges and damage the components. Once you have made sure there are no trace, let it further dry out ontop of a warm surface. Its not guaranteed but worth a try. Fingers crossed, hope it works out.
- CrackBerry Master
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM #5
- 1,277 Posts
- Don't post your PIN online, people.
Neither here not there.
Invest in headsets if you cannot keep from dropping your multi-hundred dollar phone into drinking glasses.
- 09-18-2010, 10:35 AM #6Device = Flame on Torch!!
Carrier = AT&T
- 09-19-2010, 06:09 AM #11
If a little sarcasm will make you say " wow,what was I thinking" before you drown your phone, then yea it was well placed.Device = Flame on Torch!!
Carrier = AT&T
- CrackBerry Newbie
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM #13
- 3 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. dropped in lemonade. took battery, sim, and memory card out and put it in rice for couple 2 or 3 days. took it out, put the battery in and it came on. everything was still sticky so i took it battery out and tore down to clean keyboard and what not. when i went to put battery back in...It did nothing! so i put it on the oem charger for the night and came back the next morning. Still looked dead. pulled the battery and gave up. then for fun put the battery back in and it fired right up. so i suggest charge over night on the stock wall charger then unplug and pull the battery for a few min. then put it all back. see if it works. cant hurt anything