Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ciro3
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Device Error 370

I've had lots of issues with my BB Curve 8900 in the last few months (sadly, after my warranty expired) and I know how to reload the OS, etc. But today I took my phone out of my pocket and had a white screen that said Device Error: 370 with the option to Reset.
    Resetting simply loops back to this screen.
    I can stop the loop with Apploader (Loader.exe) and it appears to erase the device data, installs the new software BUT it times out when it waits for it to reboot. I can hear the USB plugin sound go on and off a few times. Nothing on the BB screen, just black. The LED turns on and off but nothing else.

I called Rogers customer service and the guy told me to re-download the device software and try again. I tried this even though I knew it was a long-shot it would work. And of course, it didn't help.

I can't find anything on Google or on this site specific to this error so if anyone out there in the Crackberry universe has had any experience with this please share here.

Thanks in advance!

JG
    Thanked by:
    nursiam syah (12-17-2012) 
    nursiam syah likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ciro3 View Post
    I've had lots of issues with my BB Curve 8900 in the last few months (sadly, after my warranty expired) and I know how to reload the OS, etc. But today I took my phone out of my pocket and had a white screen that said Device Error: 370 with the option to Reset.
    Resetting simply loops back to this screen.
    I can stop the loop with Apploader (Loader.exe) and it appears to erase the device data, installs the new software BUT it times out when it waits for it to reboot. I can hear the USB plugin sound go on and off a few times. Nothing on the BB screen, just black. The LED turns on and off but nothing else.

I called Rogers customer service and the guy told me to re-download the device software and try again. I tried this even though I knew it was a long-shot it would work. And of course, it didn't help.

I can't find anything on Google or on this site specific to this error so if anyone out there in the Crackberry universe has had any experience with this please share here.

Thanks in advance!

JG
    I had a similar problem with my 8900, but its because i through it against a wall... it worked for about 10 mins after that, then all i had was blinking LED.... i wasnt able to fix it, but managed to have it warrantied...

try running JL_Cmdr without the battery in it to wipe it, then try to load the OS without the battery.... it may not get past erasing applications, so sometimes ill through the battery in when it starts to freeze in the DM, without unhooking it... ive brought back many a dead old school pearls with this method... just keep trying diff things, with or without battery, but u need to wipe it first... and use one of the usb ports on the back, not the front
    Last edited by BFielding80; 04-25-2010 at 01:35 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same error on an italian Storm 2.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thank you so much. It helped me recover my dead BB Curve 8900 (white screen with very small text saying: Device Error 370, Restart ?).

Plugged on the back of my PC (Gigabyte mobo, which said has 3x more power on USB ports) without the battery, and typing "loader /nojvm" from command prompt on default folder: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" [mine on WinXP SP3]; it finally gave the famous "The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN". Click "Next-Next", which practically wiping-out the system brought-back the device to live.

Thank you so much.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ijin gabung bos.....
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank gan
    CrackBerry Newbie

grasias me sirvio d mucho