CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Curve 8900 Screen Issues

Basically, my girlfriend just noticed a small mark on the screen of her phone. At first I thought it was an issue with the Invisible Shield she had on it, so I removed the shield from the screen. The mark was still there, and I'm not really sure what it is. I took a picture, so you can sort of make it out. Basically, its a small cloud-like image at the center of the screen. I have a feeling it may be a pressure mark, but I would like a second opinion.

Also, if the screen is permanently damaged, what can I do to rectify the situation? The phone was purchased on Craigs List, so I don't believe there is any warranty to speak of. The phone is from Rogers.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Curve 8900 Screen Issues-img00163-20090925-1526.jpg  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman247m View Post
    Basically, my girlfriend just noticed a small mark on the screen of her phone. At first I thought it was an issue with the Invisible Shield she had on it, so I removed the shield from the screen. The mark was still there, and I'm not really sure what it is. I took a picture, so you can sort of make it out. Basically, its a small cloud-like image at the center of the screen. I have a feeling it may be a pressure mark, but I would like a second opinion.

Also, if the screen is permanently damaged, what can I do to rectify the situation? The phone was purchased on Craigs List, so I don't believe there is any warranty to speak of. The phone is from Rogers.

Thank you
    Well, your picture doesn't show much of anything I can clearly make out. Second, you can always buy a replacement screen. This is what they refer to as buyer beware. Craigslist is not known for excellent deals.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,913 Global Posts

If you really want to do something... go to the http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bl...cement-185961/ by ClintRo... study the video and the instructions... buy a new screen from cnn.cn and install.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,321 Global Posts

And read my sig before you do anything.

I assume it's that discolored part in the middle, that is probably a damaged LCD. No way to fix it as the cells are permanently damaged. A replacement is in order i think.
    Electrostatic Safety Tips

My other personality just left me for a more stable individual.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

The picture is too blurry to make out what exactly the screen looks like. But like the others said, I think you should prepare yourself to change the LCD, if your girlfriend just can't live with it.