Basically, my girlfriend just noticed a small mark on the screen of her phone. At first I thought it was an issue with the Invisible Shield she had on it, so I removed the shield from the screen. The mark was still there, and I'm not really sure what it is. I took a picture, so you can sort of make it out. Basically, its a small cloud-like image at the center of the screen. I have a feeling it may be a pressure mark, but I would like a second opinion.

Also, if the screen is permanently damaged, what can I do to rectify the situation? The phone was purchased on Craigs List, so I don't believe there is any warranty to speak of. The phone is from Rogers.

Thank you
    09-25-09 02:39 PM
    Basically, my girlfriend just noticed a small mark on the screen of her phone. At first I thought it was an issue with the Invisible Shield she had on it, so I removed the shield from the screen. The mark was still there, and I'm not really sure what it is. I took a picture, so you can sort of make it out. Basically, its a small cloud-like image at the center of the screen. I have a feeling it may be a pressure mark, but I would like a second opinion.

Also, if the screen is permanently damaged, what can I do to rectify the situation? The phone was purchased on Craigs List, so I don't believe there is any warranty to speak of. The phone is from Rogers.

Thank you
    Well, your picture doesn't show much of anything I can clearly make out. Second, you can always buy a replacement screen. This is what they refer to as buyer beware. Craigslist is not known for excellent deals.
    09-25-09 03:23 PM
    If you really want to do something... go to the http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bl...cement-185961/ by ClintRo... study the video and the instructions... buy a new screen from cnn.cn and install.
    09-25-09 03:26 PM
    And read my sig before you do anything.

I assume it's that discolored part in the middle, that is probably a damaged LCD. No way to fix it as the cells are permanently damaged. A replacement is in order i think.
    09-25-09 03:38 PM
    The picture is too blurry to make out what exactly the screen looks like. But like the others said, I think you should prepare yourself to change the LCD, if your girlfriend just can't live with it.
    09-25-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD