| | 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Author #1
Curve 8900 ordered - Should I open the parcel?
I am living in Berlin, Germany and I have a brand new Curve 8900 - sealed - on my table.
Information about me:
- German Prepaid carrier
- NO BB option (also not desired), just prepaid carrier for private use
- old phone: iPhone 3G
- Several GMail and Yahoo accounts (POP3, no push desired, only fetch)
What I want to do:
- Randomly browse the web (prepaid internet, APN is known)
- Read/send E-mails: GMail and Yahoo (via Pop3, no Push, fetch every hour)
- I stay overseas 100 days a year in different countries. For most countries I own different prepaid SIM cards. I want to change the APN and start surfing again. This was no problem with the iPhone and it only took me 10secs to setup the connection after leaving the aircraft: Change SIM, change APN and ... it works - at least with my old iPhone (it was NOT branded).
Now my question:
Can the Curve 8900 (new, not branded) also do that stuff?
Some people told me that this is not possible, that I have to create Service Books first etc. etc.
Who can help?