Curve 8900 not responding
11-10-11 03:58 PM
- All of the buttons, including the keyboard and side buttons, have stopped working. The select ball still scrolls, but when I push down on it, it will not select anything. I've taken the battery out to restart my phone, but the buttons are still not working. What can I do?04-01-09 12:01 PM
- Themes was my next guess... did you download one recently???
Press the "O" key and see if Options opens up > Themes > switch back to a theme that was shipped with your 8900... then exit and see if your buttons work... if not do another battery pull and see what happens.04-01-09 03:42 PM
- I too am having the issue with the 8900 not responding to any inputs. The trackball moves and occasionaly the convenience keys will respond, but beyond that there is no response. It will clear up for a short while after an hour + battery pull. I definitely have not added any apps nor is there any water damage. This must be a software glitch and clearly not an isolated event. Is there any way to update software the software and perhaps solve this really annoying glitch?08-27-09 03:35 PM
- I too am having the issue with the 8900 not responding to any inputs. The trackball moves and occasionaly the convenience keys will respond, but beyond that there is no response. It will clear up for a short while after an hour + battery pull. I definitely have not added any apps nor is there any water damage. This must be a software glitch and clearly not an isolated event. Is there any way to update software the software and perhaps solve this really annoying glitch?
Next, do a lot of reading on the topic of OS upgrades... the first one, check out the Blackberry 101 lesson on the subject... it's located under the "Blackberry Help" dropdown menu at the top of every forum page... the second one is the upgrade/downgrade procedure link in my signature below.
You should know your device before you upgrade it!!!08-27-09 03:59 PM
- I am having the exact same issue with my Curve 8900 it started happening out of the blue. I haven't installed anything new for weeks and have the default theme. No water damage or drops either. The only thing working is the scroll but only for scrolling.
I have try about everything. Full system restore battery off overnight and nothing.06-06-10 08:10 PM
- I am on my second 8900 and this has now happened for the second time. The first time the buttons were unresponsive for two days so I called Blackberry and they sent me a new phone. When I received the new phone I packaged the old phone for return and it was working fine. Oops. Now the new phone has started doing the same thing and I may know what it is. I was talking on the phone outside on a hot day for about an hour. All of a sudden the audio began sounding like the other person was in a tunnel. I ended the call and noticed a fair amount of sweat on the screen. At this point the buttons were unresponsive. Two days later the phone is still not working. I guess the sweat seeped into the keyboard and caused the problem. However, I would have assumed that it would have dried out by now, yet it still doesn't work. I'll give it another couple of days before I call again, but this is seriously getting frustrating. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.08-21-10 08:38 PM
- I have just posted another thread about this - no apps loaded, no water damage phone over a year old and the keyboard just tops responding. Clearly this is an 8900 issue.
Any suggestions - long battery pulls and system restores not successful
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-06-10 02:13 AM
- I had the exact same problem with my old curve 8900. I bought mine off craigslist, there wasn't any sign of water damage (the indicators looked fine). However 2 days later the berry locked up just like everyone else's. I tried the oven trick, worked fine for a couple hours and then locked up. Since I upgraded to a 9700 and that was about 6 months ago.
Recently pulled it out of a drawer and it will work fine without a sim card, but as soon as a sim card is in there it locks up (and I have tried cleaning the contacts and trying other sim cards). I have to believe that the 8900 was not sealed the best to prevent sweat damage through the keypad since alot of people are having/had this issue.10-15-10 08:51 PM
- I have the same problem today.
- the device can be rebooted. But right after it entered home screen, the phone becomes not responding. No matter how I tried to put any buttons.
- Cannot connect to Desktop Manager at all.
I believe it happened because of a theme. I installed a theme from official Blackberry App World. Because the problem occurs once after I rebooted my phone after the thme was installed.
Crossing my fingers for the solution. Many thanks.01-19-11 07:17 AM
- im having the same problem with my phone. yesterday the keyboard was playing up, when i clicked 'delete', it would send, random letters kept coming up etc. so i did a battery pull and now none of the buttons on my phone are working.
the actual phone is functioning fine, i can still receive messages and phone calls. but i cant do anything with it! the trackerball still scrolls but i cant click with it.
im sure it's not water damage since this happened when id been home the whole day and the sticker on the battery is still white. what can i do? iv tried leaving it in rice but it's still not working. iv heard that you can try putting it in the oven, do you think this will work? im desperate for a solution since i have a few months left on my contract but my warranty is out and i dont have insurance :S01-20-11 09:27 AM
- after downloading a couple of themes from bb app world, my 8900 freezes on the home screen.
i cant even get on the main menu. i tried shift alt delete thing and it restarted, but after boot up its still stuck on the homescreen. i did several battery pulls already and still no luck.
too bad i dont have my usb cable now... will have to wait til later so i can try it on the DM.02-02-11 11:49 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 8900
Curve 8900 not responding
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD