Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Lightbulb Curve 8900 3G Version is Coming?

As every one was expecting the Upgrade version of Javelin with 3G Feature, I just found it on SN traders Under name BlackBerry Curve 9220 and it shows that its expecting date is September.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Still to be considered a rumor. I don't believe any real photos have shown up yet. Late 09 is the rumored release time frame. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see A) a name change or number change. Probably name as 3G BBs start with a 9 and curves have been 8xxxs. And we *should* see the 8930 before another GSM Curve or Bold variation. Again, all rumors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gregerator View Post
    Still to be considered a rumor. I don't believe any real photos have shown up yet. Late 09 is the rumored release time frame. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see A) a name change or number change. Probably name as 3G BBs start with a 9 and curves have been 8xxxs. And we *should* see the 8930 before another GSM Curve or Bold variation. Again, all rumors.

8930 is also coming but it is with CDMA just like strom 9500 and strom 9530 and its code name is (RIM Jupiter) may be it is also a rumor but it is on Internet.
    Last edited by f0nefan; 02-25-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Somwtime this year we should see the 9030, the 8930, ther 9520, and the 9020? No idea what they'll label a 3G 8900.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Yep, all rumors but I'm sure there's some substance to them. Since the device is going to have 3G, it will likely be larger than the 8900. I'm sure that has something to do with the model number and probably name change as well.