Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry User

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track]UPS: Tracking Information

click on TRACK BY REFERENCE on left hand side under TRACK SHIPMENTS, use your tel.# xxx-xxx-xxxx

after 3 tries, since Monday...I was finally able to place my order today 1/22. And I must say I'm quite surprised at the speed in which T-Mo is handling my order.

Called in at noon (PST) and by 11 pm UPS.com already shows my order's billing information with 3 day select. I requested UPS GROUND and was told it would take 3-7 business days.

I do not have a business account, nor corporate; just a regular joe. But have been with T-Mo for 5 years now.

Thanks guys for the tip! And to the people that are still trying, don't give up. There's light at the end of the tunnel!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

It's prob going to be like $350+ for partial upgrade for me, I'll just stick with my BB Flip for a bit since I just got that like a month ago. I prob gunna wait like 2 months before I get lol
  3. tjk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

anyone who didnt have a personal account and able to get it ordered still, WHAT THE HECK DID YOU SAY TO THEM?

i'm so jealous lol
    CrackBerry Newbie

Took 3 calls but was able to get the order at 9am on Thursday. I checked that evening and already received my shipping confirmation and tracking. I paid for the expedited shipping, thought that meant 2nd day but tracking says it will be here today. They ended up shipping it overnight!

Not to bad, it will end up being a little over 24 hours from time of order until delivery.
    CrackBerry User

Congrats on the new phones. Just wondering.. Does the old 8300 Charging Pod work with the new 8900 Curve?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ch1ldxtc View Post
    Congrats on the new phones. Just wondering.. Does the old 8300 Charging Pod work with the new 8900 Curve?
    No, unfortunately it does not. You will have to get a new charging cradle. I have a post here where I found a good deal on a cradle for the 8900.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    21FFF30E

Quote Originally Posted by aristile View Post
    You guys had an additional SD card in your box from T-mobile USA? My 8900 from Rogers didn't, but I already had an 8 GB waiting for it so I didn't worry about it.

On a side note, I went into Best Buy today to get some new headphones and decided to show my phone 8900 off to the cell phones sales reps. They didn't know what the Hades (can't say the other word) I was showing them, it was hilarious. "Its kinda like a cross between a Bold and a Storm" Silly Sales Reps.
    I wouldve loved to see that on youtube...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    244308E8

Great! I was waiting for it to drop next month.. now I'm calling 611.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I got it!!

Alright advice for those looking to get the curve 8900...talk to a customer service rep. Go straight in and tell them you are due for an upgrade. They ask what phone, you tell them the curve 8900. If the rep denies you, try again with someone else. Be persistent mannnn!!! Cheers

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

WOW!!!! Normal customer account... called 611, upgrade, and then Blackberry... said I'd like to upgrade my phone today to the 8900 Curve... 5 minutes later I had a confirmation number... that was 11:00AM CST on Thursday... checked UPS for tracking info all day Thursday... nothing.

Checked tracking info this morning... the package left KY late last night... arrived locally a couple hours later... and OUT FOR DELIVERY... WOW!!!!

I'm leaving work early today!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ky280 View Post
    i'm very new to this. super excited tho cause i didn't get expedited shipping and was originally told it'd be 7-10 days but i think it's coming tomorrow (according to ups!)... anyhow, was wondering about the memory card, i'm checking them on amazon. is micro sd the same as micro sdhc? any recommendations on size?
    Micro SD is the same physical size as Micro SDHC - the HC stands for high-capacity and is only used to describe the large capacity cards. Otherwise, they are the same thing. Get the highest capacity you can afford - pictures, music (MP3s), ringtones, and video are stored on the card, so the bigger the card, the more you can store.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine's out for delivery. Ordered late wednesday around 8pm checked all day thursday on ups for tracking info and couldn't find anything then today I see its out for delivery. Can't wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    WOW!!!! Normal customer account... called 611, upgrade, and then Blackberry... said I'd like to upgrade my phone today to the 8900 Curve... 5 minutes later I had a confirmation number... that was 11:00AM CST on Thursday... checked UPS for tracking info all day Thursday... nothing.

Checked tracking info this morning... the package left KY late last night... arrived locally a couple hours later... and OUT FOR DELIVERY... WOW!!!!

I'm leaving work early today!!!
    SWEET!!!

Looks like the 8900s are now shipping normally (same or next day) and the two-three day delay the first wave experienced was due to the phones not being ready to ship. It now appears that they are readily available to ship and will be shipped ASAP. Great news for those ordering now.
    CrackBerry User

too late last night to post...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corporate pre-ordering is legit!!!-img00011-20090122-2218.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    24AA46A4

Mine's also out for delivery - I assume that a signature is required for delivery????
    CrackBerry User

mark - signature is NOT required. they left it at doorstep.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    244308E8

Shut down 3 times.. I'll try later today.

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markbb99 View Post
    Mine's also out for delivery - I assume that a signature is required for delivery????
    I'm assuming so... just sent my boss an email seeing if I can finish the day working from home... he should have it by now... he has a BB...

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by berrycrack View Post
    mark - signature is NOT required. they left it at doorstep.
    Wow... I'm surprised... I still need to get home soon!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    PIN
    k in the face from service outages

I'm going to try later today and see if I can get the 8900 on a new account... Should I say 'm considering the Bold on AT&T? lol

Any advice?
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    244308E8

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
    I'm going to try later today and see if I can get the 8900 on a new account... Should I say 'm considering the Bold on AT&T? lol

Any advice?
    I don't think they'll bend or break the release date to get you as a customer.. I think you should just keep trying until you get through to someone who will sell it to you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Dammit, it didn't work!

I'll keep trying...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    PIN
    k in the face from service outages

Quote Originally Posted by V6tC View Post
    I don't think they'll bend or break the release date to get you as a customer.. I think you should just keep trying until you get through to someone who will sell it to you.
    So just keep asking the first person I talk to if the 8900 is available?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    PIN
    24aa5e0d feel free to add me!

If you want to get this phone follow the directions of the OP to the T.... be nice and polite, if they say you can not buy it say thank you hang up and call back....

CSR Roulette!!!
    Just call me clint.

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
    So just keep asking the first person I talk to if the 8900 is available?
    I did not ask if the 8900 was available... I just asked to get the 8900 Curve.
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast