Hello again:

My BB is with a (physical) German keyboard, i.e. QWERTZ; the only difference between this one and the normal QWERTY (US) is the location of the Z and Y keys.

During setup I have installed English US only, and there are no other languages but the layout is still QWERTZ. Let me explain - to type Z, I have to press the physical key Z, which here is located where Y normally stands. Vice versa, if I wish to type Y, I need to press the key Y which is physically located where Z is.

Hence my question - is there a way to edit some/few files and make BB behave as if with QWERTY keyboard. I don't care what is written on the keyboard as I am used to typing QWERTY, I just want to know Y is cuddling between T and U and not banished in the corner...
    03-23-09 12:58 AM
    Nope. If you want a QWERTY instead then you have to sell that QWERTZ phone and then purchase one that is QWERTY.
    03-23-09 01:00 AM
    really? you cant buy the keyboard and change the software?
    03-23-09 01:04 AM
    You can buy a keyboard if you like but then you will have a QWERTY keyboard that types just like a QWERTZ keyboard. The mapping is part of the hardware and/or firmware and you can't update it.
    03-23-09 01:07 AM
    aristile, thank you for the lightning-fast and spot-on answer! If it is wired into the hardware specs, then I am stuck until I get me a new unit

Thanks again!
    03-23-09 01:17 AM
    No problem. Unfortunately, that's just one of those things you can't change on the device.
    03-23-09 01:19 AM
    pls is bb bold 9700 upgradeable to version 7.1?
    02-09-13 12:08 PM
    pls is bb bold 9700 upgradeable to version 7.1?
    nope

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    02-14-13 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD