Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cannot view mobile.blackberry.com from blackberry browser. Why????

As the title suggests really. My default browser is the 'internet browser'. my home page is set to 'mobile.blackberry.com'. A couple of days ago i did a data wipe because desktop sync wasn't working. After restoring everything, i now can't access this blackberry homepage. It says my device / or browser is not compatible. It worked before and is really annoying me. I have a data plan and can access any other websites, just not the homepage!

Any help much appreciated.

A frustrated Zeb -

Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

what is your emulation set to? Set it to BlackBerry to view the page
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Sounds like you might need to resend your Service Books from your provider's BIS website.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

have resent service books from the bis website and the browser identification (i think this is the emulation?) is set to blackberry, but still no joy. Have also done a battery pull.

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Then try Options > Advanced Options > Host Router Table > Menu > Register Now... you should then receive an email.

After that try resending your Service Books again... did you get email notifications for each email address you have???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Went to host router table and 're-registered'. Then resent service books again. Received email notification for all email addresses. Homepage (mobile.blackberry.com) still comes up as a 'non-blackberry page'!

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Very strange... open your BB Browser > Menu > Option > Browser Configuration... here is a screen shot of mine... easier than typing all of it on the screen.... is this what your's looks like???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannot view mobile.blackberry.com from blackberry browser. Why????-capture15_45_51.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    24AA7724

try this:
    m.crackberry.com

when I tried http://www.m.crackberry.com it didn't work.
    Motorola Razor > 8900 > iPhone 3G 16GB > 8900
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Very strange... open your BB Browser > Menu > Option > Browser Configuration... here is a screen shot of mine... easier than typing all of it on the screen.... is this what your's looks like???
    My browser config screen is exactly the same as this!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by iJeenyus View Post
    try this:
    m.crackberry.com

when I tried http://www.m.crackberry.com it didn't work.
    that's because you've included the www. in the web address. Remove the www. and you should be good to go.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    My browser config screen is exactly the same as this!
    same here and i have the same problem.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    24AA7724

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    that's because you've included the www. in the web address. Remove the www. and you should be good to go.
    That's why I told him to try m.crackberry.com
    Motorola Razor > 8900 > iPhone 3G 16GB > 8900
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same here

I have exactly the same issue, i have had all my APN and pervisioning checked by vodafone new service books a complele wipe with out restore and still the same thing.

Any More ideas?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ########

Hi, this was posted on the blackberry forum.....

Non-Blackberry Page

Thanks for visiting mobile.blackberry.com, your destination to get free stuff for your blackberry smartphone such as themes, wallpapers, ringtones, and more. Unfortunatly, your current device AND/OR BROWSER are not compatible for this site.

I have wiped the handheld, downgraded the software, upgraded. registered, resent service books, contacted Carrier support. The settings are the same they have been forever. The browser is set to Internet Browser, not Firefox or IE.

Since this is happening on both blackberries I think this is related to RIM somehow. Mostly it seems users outside of the US are getting this kind of error.

I think RIM is concentrating too much on the app store that they forgot that the rest of the world cannot use it to download the software and that we need the old site up and running.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't even have the Blackberry browser option, I only have internet, wap, and hot spot!!! What next??????
    CrackBerry User

I have the exact same pbm (in Morocco).
    I didnt have it before switching from Bold to 8900.
    It works for my friends who have Bold device: they are able to access the BB mobile homepage. I get the Non-Blackberry Page.
    Tried all the posted solution, but no luck.

Can someone walk me step-by-step through the send service book procedure. Couldnt figure it out.
    Thank you-

Global Posts
    30,868 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I have directed 2 other threads on this topic to this thread. Help them up gang!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Rang O2 customer services today. The suggestion from the blackberry technical support people was, and i quote, "Clear the browser cache, then do a battery pull and after 5 minutes put the battery back in. This should solve the problem."

Surprisingly, it didn't work!!

I'm just wondering, are we a small few who this doesn't work for, or as a previous post suggested, is this a RIM problem that's affecting everyone?

Only problem is getting people without the problem to comment on the thread. (That's your cue, all you lucky mobile.blackberry.com webpage capable people!)
    Last edited by Zebedee; 08-25-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Banned

PIN
    TSIZE

You need a blackberry data plan to get to mobile.blackberry.com

Other than that, try pulling battery and wait 30 minutes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by lavinci View Post
    You need a blackberry data plan to get to mobile.blackberry.com

Other than that, try pulling battery and wait 30 minutes.
    Got the data plan (can send /receive emails with no problem), but is there going to be a major difference in doing a battery pull for 30 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Solution

I experienced this problem today and I have seen this problem being asked about all over the Internet, but I could find no solution, until I figured it out for myself.

I'll bet everyone of you having this problem have recently switched to a new phone by just switching their SIM card and didn't tell the carrier about the new phone so they could change the IMEI on the account. I swapped my SIM into a new phone today and experienced these problems. When I called AT&T to tell them about the new phone and switch the IMEI associated with my account, mobile.blackberry.com as well as google maps both magically started working.

Hopefully this helps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts

Actually the PIN is associated with the old phone's SIM too. You have to get that changed just to get email though. That' easy.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, iPad2 and iMac. Former BB 8100 and 8900 owner.
    CrackBerry Newbie

The Pin you can change yourself easily enough, I did that right from the phone when I first started it up, but the pin associates the device to the blackberry service, the IMEI associates the device to your data plan with the carrier.
    CrackBerry User

i have the same problem .. !! is there any news how to slove this problem .. ?
    CrackBerry User

ok is there a solution for this issue?... im on .190 and app world doesn't work... any news?
    I have upograded/downgraded/quikpull/re-registered/resend SB and yet i get the non-blackberry page
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast