Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can i manage multiple e-mails on my blackberry 8900?

i'm not sure if this is possible, but i have a t-mobile blackberry 8900. i was wondering if it is possible to manage multiple (2 different) gmail accounts, and a yahoo account on it?

i know you can have the e-mails forwarded to your phone, but you cannot reply to them when you have them forwarded to you.

so if it is possible, how exactly do you do it?

please help.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

I have 8 email accounts set up in my phone. You should have no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Set up each email account on your phone. All my email accounts are forwarded to one account but then if I want to reply from a certain email account I just choose one from my phone.

CrackBerry User

I manage 5 email accounts from my blackberry. If you are using t-Mobile you can setup your email accounts there or on your phone. The emails are not forwarded to your phone. Your phone actually checks your email just as if you were in front of a computer. When replying to an email you just select the email account you want to send with in the "send using:" box.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Do all e-mails come into the same inbox? or is it possible to have seperate inboxes for each one?

I was thinking of adding one of my other e-mails but didn't want to have them mixed up together.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

all of them go to the same message folder, but each email account you have has a separate icon so that you can check them separately. I personally always keep my gmail account separate from everything else
    CrackBerry User

You can setup each of your email accounts under email Settings->Email Settings. For every email account you create, there will be an icon created for it, which you can use to view just the messages from that account. Alternatively, you can see all of them in a single stream under the Messages icon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If I remember correctly, you can have up to 10 personal accounts set up per BIS activated blackberry device.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PIN
    1A2B3C4D

Is there a way to select a default "send from"

I have gmail, hotmail and yahoo accounts. Gmail is my choice, but yahoo is the phones default
    My Blackberry Evolution -- PEARL (8100) ---> CURVE (8900) ---> BOLD (9700) ---> Torch (9800) ---> Bold (9930) --->BOLD (9900)

Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence

Follow Me ---> Jhamal242
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24ADA485

i think there is a way to chose a default 'send from' but i can't remember how - it shouldn't matter though... i have my personal email i use to send emails to friends and whenever i type their name in the 'to' box it picks the email that i last used for that contact (in this case the personal email). i also have work email and when i type in a contact that i communicate through my work email normally, that 'send using' box is filled in with the work email.

i'll keep looking for the default option and if i find it i'll let you know... but like i said, you shouldn't need it.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by CansFan View Post
    Do all e-mails come into the same inbox? or is it possible to have seperate inboxes for each one?

I was thinking of adding one of my other e-mails but didn't want to have them mixed up together.

Thanks.
    You can choose to see them consolidated under a common mailbox or choose which email accounts to include/ exclude from this common mailbox. A separate individual mailbox icon is created for the mail accounts you configure anyways apart from this common mailbox.

You can configure upto a max of 10 mail accounts which should be supporting IMAP protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboardingpezo View Post
    i think there is a way to chose a default 'send from' but i can't remember how - it shouldn't matter though... i have my personal email i use to send emails to friends and whenever i type their name in the 'to' box it picks the email that i last used for that contact (in this case the personal email). i also have work email and when i type in a contact that i communicate through my work email normally, that 'send using' box is filled in with the work email.

i'll keep looking for the default option and if i find it i'll let you know... but like i said, you shouldn't need it.
    Goto Options Menu -> Advanced Options -> Default Services and select the account under Messaging (CMIME) option.