Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Bold or Javelin?

    I'm really thinking about which phone I should get, I have a Curve right now and I heard that the javelin is like the Curve but in a review I read that its smaller slightly and the buttons might be smaller so I don't know. Which one do you think is better, and plus the Bold has 3G and Wi-Fi right?
  2. benzworm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    the bold does have 3G, wifi and gps
    ~PRIDE!~
  3. HeavyComponent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Depends what carrier you have. If you have T-Mobile then their is no need to get the BOLD.

    1. T-Mobile isn't getting the BOLD!
    2. No 3G if you would get a unlocked BOLD and use it on T-Mobile.
    3. Unlocked BOLD. = $$$!

    Javelin is really close to the BOLD in my opinion and lacks 3G. Just get the Javelin if you have T-Mobile.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  4. gregerator's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,765 Posts
    PIN
    T anyone?
    #4  

    Default

    And I would imagine the Jav will have WiFi.
    Gregerator here = Lombaki on Twitter.
  5. brayndeded's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    yeah the jav is spose to have wifi,i was thinking of getting it, but if its smaller then the curve, then im not sure i want it cuz i have the 8830we now and really like the size, feel and button spacing on it.(more room for my thumbs to type). i held a friends curve and right away noticed how close the buttons are. so i myself might have to wait on the bold,even though im not in a 3g area. i guess size does matter!
    OIIIIO ('jeepjeep')
  6. Crucial_Xtreme's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,119 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brayndeded View Post
    yeah the jav is spose to have wifi,i was thinking of getting it, but if its smaller then the curve, then im not sure i want it cuz i have the 8830we now and really like the size, feel and button spacing on it.(more room for my thumbs to type). i held a friends curve and right away noticed how close the buttons are. so i myself might have to wait on the bold,even though im not in a 3g area. i guess size does matter!
    The Jav is basically the same size as the Curve. But if you don't really like the Curves keyboard, then don't go with the Javelin.
  7. greg24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,788 Global Posts
    PIN
    30b86176
    #7  

    Default

    most def a Bold!
  8. ncbuckeye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    How about both?
  9. woodyou's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    311 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    yup I will have both. But until we all have both of them or demo'd both it will be hard to say.
  10. juKe187's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    PIN
    let's just keep it at e-friends...
    #10  

    Default

    I'm having the same dilemma, but I think I'm going to go with the Bold simply because of the 3G. Although the 3.2 mp camera with autofocus and flash and its relatively compact size makes it really attractive... so I don't know any more?!
  11. sadelb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default



    I still cant decide either. Even by looks. One day I like the Bold better, another day I like the Javelin better. I have TMobile so I seem to be leaning toward the Javelin or should I say the Curve 8900.
  12. Brodiexxx's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I am the same!
    I think I will go the bold though, purely because it is already out over here in Australia and god only knows when we'd get the Javelin... I want one right now!

    However, my main concern is the size difference... the Javelin looks so much smaller in that photo!
  13. mikecc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I would go for the smaller one since they both offer full QWERTY. Is Javelin thinner than Bold?
  14. devildoc0612's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    444 Posts
    PIN
    2 1 6 0 1 B 2 8
    #14  

    Default

    Javelin/Curve 8900 Fo Sho! woot woot!!
    "I Have fallen into the CRACK"

    -Change is the only permanent thing in this world...
  15. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,257 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadelb View Post


    I still cant decide either. Even by looks. One day I like the Bold better, another day I like the Javelin better. I have TMobile so I seem to be leaning toward the Javelin or should I say the Curve 8900.
    Both sounds real good to me, too. Starting with whatever hits their carrier (at&t or TMo) first.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
  16. nf1748's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    PIN
    My BlackBerry. Delivered.
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Depends what carrier you have. If you have T-Mobile then their is no need to get the BOLD.

    1. T-Mobile isn't getting the BOLD!
    2. No 3G if you would get a unlocked BOLD and use it on T-Mobile.
    3. Unlocked BOLD. = $$$!

    Javelin is really close to the BOLD in my opinion and lacks 3G. Just get the Javelin if you have T-Mobile.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bold will beat out Javelin hands down because of the 3G...FORGET T-Mobile! The benefit of 3G Bold will be simeltaneous voice and data...which means ability to BBM and talk at SAME time...no need to say more!
  17. sotapoppy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    YMMV but for me, I can't see getting any phone without wifi at this point whether or not is has 3G. And for my purposes using UMA is a huge plus.
    Last edited by sotapoppy; 09-25-2008 at 09:14 AM.
    Ron
  18. fatboy97's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,701 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    LOL... starting a thread like this on a Javelin forum... why not ask the same thing on the Bold forum???

    Need 3G - get Bold
    Don't need 3G, and like the smaller size, and you have TMO - (what to do???) get the Javelin (now called the Curve 8900).
  19. PrincessB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    Both sounds real good to me, too. Starting with whatever hits their carrier (at&t or TMo) first.
    The Javelin looks sexier!
    The Panamanian Princess Is In The Building!
    Come Follow Me http://twitter.com/WhoisKatlady
  20. agula001's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    oy
    #20  

    Default

    i am so torn between the 2 as well! i like the how the javelin is small and compact but it doesn't have 3g, and i don't like how big the bold is. I know t-mobile is getting 3g very soon.
  21. Anderson3133's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueberry15 View Post
    I'm really thinking about which phone I should get, I have a Curve right now and I heard that the javelin is like the Curve but in a review I read that its smaller slightly and the buttons might be smaller so I don't know. Which one do you think is better, and plus the Bold has 3G and Wi-Fi right?
    Yes, the Javelin is quite smaller and the keys feel a bit smaller as well. Personally, if you are planning on using this for outside of the home/office browsing you should get the Bold. It has 3G, Wi-Fi and the same OS as the Javelin. Whereas the Javelin is 2.5G and comes with Wi-Fi.
  22. sadelb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I think I may actually like that the Bold is bigger for some reason. I keep going back and forth. And T-Mobile does have 3g now.
  23. gregerator's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,765 Posts
    PIN
    T anyone?
    #23  

    Default

    Yeah but how long before TMO's 1700 mhz frequency gets a blackberry phone to match it? Maybe the bold in late Q2 early Q3 of 2009.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  24. ItnStln511's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,124 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!
    #24  

    Default

    Who's the US Carrier getting the Javelin?
  25. berrycrack's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    46 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    Who's the US Carrier getting the Javelin?
    TMobile USA.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions