Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mrtolles
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up Blackberry has crashed!! Stuck on the boot up screen

My blackberry 8900 has been running slow over the last day or so...

A few hours a go it totally froze...

I took the battery off and rebooted the handset....When the handset was booting up, it was stuck on the tmobile screen and doesnt boot up to the main screen to allow me to go onto the blackberry menu etc...

I have tried to reboot the handset a few times and its still stuck on the tmobile screen for hours...I have even tried it without the sim and still no joy...

I called the t mobile customer services and they tried to fob me off saying that there is a problem with the network at the moment (for 3g and data services) and this is the reason why my phone wasnt booting up...I know this cant be the problem...

They said the only thing they can try is do a reboot from there end?? But that doesnt seem to have worked...

Anybidy had this problem and does anybody have any idea what the problem could be and how to resolve it??
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts

check out the how to recover a nuked berry link in my signature, it sounds software related, did you load a beta os?
    CrackBerry User

I have t-mobile and am having zero problems. I would call back and try to talk to someone else. I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like your phone is ill. Maybe you need a new one?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts

i think the phone def needs a doctor

but anyways, i agree call again because the network being down would have NOTHING to do with your phone not loading. does it give any error code?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,248 Global Posts

I think you restarted with 3rd party themes. See this post, hopefully before you do WAY to much!

Rebooting with 3rd party themes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I agree w/mrtolles 100%.

This sounds exactly like a theme boot problem.

Follow his link, and report back!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    CrackBerry Addict

Yup, this happens to me every time I use a 3rd party theme and then reboot. Hopefully with enough of us confirming this, you will find comfort in the masses. Not a huge issue... just a pain in the ______ until they come up with a fix. No need to panic...
    "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap ... but by the seeds you plant."
    ~Robert Louis Stevenson~
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

thanks....sorted..! i new t mobile were fobbing me off!!!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by degilmo View Post
    Yup, this happens to me every time I use a 3rd party theme and then reboot. Hopefully with enough of us confirming this, you will find comfort in the masses. Not a huge issue... just a pain in the ______ until they come up with a fix. No need to panic...
    Just FYI, it should only happen if you have unread messages and reboot with the 3rd party theme active. The BETA 5.0 OS does not have THIS problem. (it does have other problems though)
    CrackBerry Newbie

how can i resolve this problem of my screen being stuck on the tmobile logo. i can not even access the menu and other apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Try booting up in safe mode. Pull the battery; once you replace the battery and the red indicator lights-up press and hold the escape key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

can someone give me some advice please. my blackberry seems to be stuck on the reboot screen