CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Email, How To Download Entire Inbox?

Just got my first BB today... I've been messing with it for a while now and I honestly can't find out how to do this...

I have my email set up and working, but HOW do I have the phone download the current msgs sittin in the Inbox? It will only download new messages that I'm receiving currently, but I want those old messages on my phone too.

Anyone? Thanks ahead of time...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2803F3A4

good luck with that one........i have so many emails in my blackberry.net email thats not on phone and have no way to access em on the pc
    current devices :
    9900 OS 7.1.xxx pin:2803f3a4

sure joo kan haz ma twitter
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I think I may have written my question poorly...

I added a University email account to my BB phone, but I want the phone to download all existing messages that are in the Inbox. It is only downloading NEW messages, and not the ones that are older already sitting on the server.

Ideas?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

This may or may not work depending on how the university mail client pushes/or how you set the berry to pull.
    But Try marking the emails on the university server as read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ASK

To my knowledge this is not possible. Unless it's something where you might be able to sync via desktop manager. I am on a BES, and dont really use DM except to add applications/upgrade OS. In an upcoming BES version, there will be the ability to "search" folders in your outlook for emails that are on your desktop, but not available yet. Sorry!
    CrackBerry User

i would suggest just sending the emails from your account to the same email address so they show up as new and get pushed to your phone. For now that's probably your only option.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    PIN
    21C030F8

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE82 View Post
    i would suggest just sending the emails from your account to the same email address so they show up as new and get pushed to your phone. For now that's probably your only option.
    +1, I think thats the only option. It only pulls new emails, it wouldnt be too efficient is it downloaded ALL things currently in your inbox.
    Facebook
    "Beauty is a beguiling call to death, and I am addicted to the sweet pitch of her siren."

Follow Me @McCody
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by KingofHeart4711 View Post
    +1, I think thats the only option. It only pulls new emails, it wouldnt be too efficient is it downloaded ALL things currently in your inbox.
    Yeah, this is what I ended up doing. I just forwarded the important emails I needed to the account again and they pushed through the server onto my device. I couldn't find another way.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    PIN
    22F95520

This is only an option in BES.