Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool Blackberry Curve 8900 best phone ever!!!

Title says all. In the past 6 months I've had 3 myTouch 4g's, a Samsung Galaxy S 4G, 5 Bold 9780's, and 3 HTC Sensation's. This morning my HTC Sensation began to over heat to the point where it was almost impossible to pick up. I will be returning my HTC Sensation and keeping my BB 8900 which has never let me down. I don't care anymore about what's new and what all these 4G phones can do. No other phone comes close to the Curve's keyboard. My 8900 has been with me through a lot and will continue to serve me well.

BEST PHONE EVER!!!!!

Awesome call quality
    Awesome signal quality
    Awesome speaker
    Awesome keyboard
    Awesome battery life
    Awesome build quality
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Oh yeah, it definitely works great, but the lack of higher data speed and browser responsiveness tend to hurt after a couple years.
    This post represents the offices of Me, Myself, and I. Representation of other individuals and entities is not implied, despite inferences.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Try giving the 9900 a try. It's pretty awesome.
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Nah, not a consumerist. We'll see how the 9900 operates in a few months, because every BlackBerry released since the 9700 has been a headache and a half.
    This post represents the offices of Me, Myself, and I. Representation of other individuals and entities is not implied, despite inferences.
    CrackBerry Newbie

agree with u, like Curve8900 very much & I am using it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Xiado View Post
    Nah, not a consumerist. We'll see how the 9900 operates in a few months, because every BlackBerry released since the 9700 has been a headache and a half.
    True, IMO the 9700 was the most stable BlackBerry

It took the 9780 8 months till they reached a stable OS
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I have no intentions of getting a Bold 9900 or any Blackberry again for that matter. Anyone want to take a guess on how many Blackberry Bold 9780's I went through? I went through 6, yes 6. For you Blackberry fanboys I really hope RIM upped the build quality of the new Bold9 9900. But I wouldn't pay the outrageous price for it.

Btw I could tell no difference in speed from the 3G 9700 and the EDGE capable 8900. How exactly will an HSPA+ Blackberry benefit anyone? I mean what can you do on one that requires that fast of speed? Videos stream fine on 3G.
    Last edited by MattMJB0188; 08-22-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    1,914 Global Posts

The Curve 8900 had my favorite camera I think, of all the BBs I've owned.
    Twitter @_Miche11e_ .::. BBM Channel C0001B3B5

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your effing smartphone.
    "Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence." - Pythagoras
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2814B087

Default best phone ever

As far as best blackberry. Well I have had a few and I would have to say that the 8900 is the best one yet. I love mine but true it is antiquated. I have also owned original g1 and a few other phones and the big brick blackberys but the 8900 has been the best. It is solid but here recently had to reload the os from root for some reason it freaked out. First time I can honestly say that I had any real problems. I have been looking at possibly the 9900but I like the screen size of the 9810 and the camera on it. Needless to say if I go with a 9810 gonna have to buy one unlocked since tmobile does not plan to carry it. The 9900 screen is a tad bit small for my liking, not saying I wouldn't have it but my eyes are not what they used to be. My 8900 has had a few more spills than normal and it is still ticking strong, it takes for ever to boot upand the camera doesn't take the best photos but it keeps ticking and my screen isn't all cracked up like I see on those android phones. My 8900 gets a full charge at night I send out ruffly 60 to 80 emails a day send out 90 to 100 txts a day check on techs progress on the web all day and I don't have to get worry about ending to charge my phone, on the other hand those Droid things and iPhones need to be charged up every few hours and I am still going.... I honestly think rim will not make another solid blackberry like the 8900 again not saying I am leaving for another but the 8900 was rims most solid device ever IMHO. As for the tablets I think the best are the Acer a500 and the Asus transformer again that's my opinion. My wife and I both have Acer a500's hers is stock and mine is rooted. They kick I have a friend with a Playbook and he had problems from the get go, a few friend have the ipads and they are OK with them but think they could of done better, my daughter hadan ipad and she traded it back for a galaxy. My kid also hadone of the first touch crackberrys and she wasn't to happy with it only to get rid of it and end up with can't remember but it was a PC of junk also. Anyways the 8900 has been rims best and I don't think they will ever make another as good as it.
    CrackBerry User

I love my 8900 but it's a bit battered & bruised now. I can quite honestly say that it's only the 9900 that's tempting me to change- oh and the fact that I've had no end of problems with the track ball on the past 6 months.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    PIN
    [NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEW]

this phone rocks! very strong after i smashed it to the floor a couple of times
    CrackBerry Newbie

keeping using the 8900 vurve!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Totally agree. The 8900 has (IMO) the best build quality. Trackball has seen better days, but I've replaced it. The only reason I'd upgrade is to get faster data speeds..not too happy with the 9900 lacking autofocus tho.

Global Posts
    5,427 Global Posts

The 8900 is a great device. Enjoy it OP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Great phone.

Got mine in April 09 and used it up until the start of this month, by which time the trackball was sticking and not working sometimes, as well as me getting a little tired with simply GPRS. I decided to call it a day with the 8900, great camera, good build quality, good MP3 player and was a terrific size compared to the flagship BB at the time which was the Bold 9000. I still have my 8900 in my draw, ready as back up.

But I've made the jump to 9900 and after initially being disappointed with the battery life, I've upgraded to the latest OS 540 and now I can safely say I don't regret taking the old horse out to pasture. The 9900 is great and the 3G and the browser are SO MUCH better than the 8900.

I'm glad I didn't plump for the Storm/Bold 9700/Curve 3G when they were new. I've waited and the Bold 9900/Torch seem to be the real successors to the 8900/9000. I think the ones inbetween will end up in obscurity with regards to new features because they're just slightly better iterations of the previous model where as the 9800/9900 are built on an entirely new OS with new features such as BBM Connect.

8900's who've waited, congrats, you can upgrade knowing you got everything out of your phone.

Global Posts
    6,218 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Wow. That is a lot of phones to go through.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

My 8900 was great while it lasted. Had sooooo many trackball problems, white screens of death, randomly losing sound, random restarts .

It was a tank though. I've dropped that phone many times on concrete and just about everywhere. The battery door would come flying off along with the battery. It has a few knicks and scratches but it still works!

The camera was awesome though!!!

I love my 9930 but I do miss being able to customize the colors and layouts with different themes. OS 7 themes need to hurry up!!!
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-05-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    297be244

Same here!

I have been a 8900 user from the first day it was available.
    Now, thats about over 3years from now.

While using, some times I loved it and sometimes I hated it, when it came do web browsing and reboot.
    But it was always there and I never had serious problems with it.

In September I switched to the Bold 9900.
    It was my dream bb since I have seen the first pics of it early this year.

Now I got it and I still look back to my 8900 - sometimes I still switch my SIM card.

I mean the new 9900 is a great device, but there are important things I`m missing, like:
    - great batterylife of the 8900
    - and the great camera - the 8900 was the best camera I have ever use from a smartphone!

Those 2 things really suck on the 9900!

I also had problems with my trackball, but replacement was almost as easy as a battery pull!

I also still love OS 5.
    Itīs great! I love how it looks and how itīs made up!

All in all the 9900 is an awesome device, but my heart still beats for the 8900!
    Last edited by Slash82; 12-08-2011 at 04:18 AM.
    Easy come, easy go...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slash82 View Post
    Same here!

I have been a 8900 user from the first day it was available.
    Now, thats about over 3years from now.

While using, some times I loved it and sometimes I hated it, when it came do web browsing and reboot.
    But it was always there and I never had serious problems with it.

In September I switched to the Bold 9900.
    It was my dream bb since I have seen the first pics of it early this year.

Now I got it and I still look back to my 8900 - sometimes I still switch my SIM card.

I mean the new 9900 is a great device, but there are important things I`m missing, like:
    - great batterylife of the 8900
    - and the great camera - the 8900 was the best camera I have ever use from a smartphone!

Those 2 things really suck on the 9900!

I also had problems with my trackball, but replacement was almost as easy as a battery pull!

I also still love OS 5.
    Itīs great! I love how it looks and how itīs made up!

All in all the 9900 is an awesome device, but my heart still beats for the 8900!
    About the battery life... all the new smartphones are using much more resources so the battery won't last as long like the old mobile phones.. i remember my old Nokia that can work for a week (!) without charging it..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Cool el- classico !

the BB Curve 8900 is bay far the most classy phone, i had tried in some last three years or so !!

agree with most of the people in the forum, about the distant features of 8900, the camera, voice quality, key board and overall interface to name a few.

no un-usual hiccup in usage as well !
    over all- i am definitely in Lurveeee with my BB 8900

cheeeeeRs !

using BB8900 with Os version: 5.0.0.592
    updated with the help of crackberry.com
    in Pakistan.
    [/SIZE]
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

I still use my 8900 every now and then, it's out lasted any phone I've ever owned and is still a work horse. I definitely agree on the camera...it takes better pics than my 9800 did, and better than most other phones I've had..I usually sell my phones when I get upgrades, but I just can't seem to part with my trusty 8900 lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

i agree it was a great phone when it launched in the past.but its past its prime now.the new curve 9360 just does everything better than the 8900.it has taken the curve series to new heights.but if you are an old phone fan then you can't go wrong in purchasing the 8900.but as they say once you are married,you don't get to flirt with other women.its a lifetime settlement.but with phones,people change their minds continuously.their never satisfied.and beyond that they argue that some phones suck.so many aliens in this day in age.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_
    CrackBerry Abuser

I miss mine, shouldn't have sold it, well neither of them [had 3 or 4 i flipped]... now its a to find one for sale [not spending more than 50$ for it...] Until then iPhone4 has to do!

I've had my fair share of BB's & other platforms, this one was the best! And took a beating.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

just bumping to show more 8900 love! Still my fav BB, and going strong.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Yeah, I don't regret having waited, though I have used a few other RIM phones since I got my 8900. I may possibly seek a 9700 or a 9900, but I'll never upgrade via contract.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast