CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB stays with white screen LCD broken?

I tried reloading the OS on the phone. did all trics and all I get is a white screen. it turns on and turns off so i guess it is not all dead. I was thinking of buying a new LCD screen, but don't know if that will fix the problem :S

Cheapest LCD I found is for about 45$ (NOT OEM)

Should I invest and take the risk? wondering if a new LCD screen is not the problem?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BB stays with white screen LCD broken?-bb-white-lcd.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Please PM me...

It's more likely to be something else, not the LCD
    This is a nuked BlackBerry Problem

Follow these steps, it will Definitely help you:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

If the problem doesn't go away, Come back here and tell us, I believe that this is not an LCD Problem
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

The White screen of death seems to be a new epidemic. There are posts all overthis forum. People have reloaded the OS, deleted info,...

The last idea was replacing the battery. It's a lot cheaper.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yea its an epidemic everyone has it I will try to reload the OS and post results

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Please PM me...

Yes, Post the results here, We can tell you what you should do
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

nothing still the white screen. I installed 5.0.0.822 OS folowing the video "BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com" but I still have the white screen.
    what can I do?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Its probably a broken lcd butlcds are easy to replace, as long as you look at the right videos you should be able to do it w/ no problem!

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Should i try to install an older OS? Like OS 4?? I am afraid of buying a new LCD and the white screen is still there :s
    Thanks!

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I inserted my SIM and my friend called me. Nothing happened the call did not get in, also he sent me a BBM which never arrived. I am guessing that even if the LCD is broken you can still answer calls and the phone will vibrate.
    thanks
    CrackBerry User

i have a completely white screen with a couple of blue veins streaming in the top right corner, i can still make calls and apparently im getting alerts, how if i were to redo the os will i know how if i cant see anything on the screen???thanks in advance...
    JayBeansBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeans821 View Post
    i have a completely white screen with a couple of blue veins streaming in the top right corner, i can still make calls and apparently im getting alerts, how if i were to redo the os will i know how if i cant see anything on the screen???thanks in advance...

Mine's exactly the same, I can't do all the dos stuff, and i'm 6 months off an upgrade... GUTTED
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by wachupita View Post
    I inserted my SIM and my friend called me. Nothing happened the call did not get in, also he sent me a BBM which never arrived. I am guessing that even if the LCD is broken you can still answer calls and the phone will vibrate.
    thanks

depending on the settings, even IF you put a simcard in the phone, the SIGNAL will not come up .....you would have to literally try make a call and maybe "RESTORE RADIO CONNECTION" will come up.....in this case you would simply choose yes and the phone will turn on it's "signal" so to speak, then you would be able to receive and also make calls. Another thing may also be that you may have a password on the phone. In normal operation, you would have to disable the password.

I suggest you take it to a repair centre IF you're scared to do it yourself. No reloading of any OS will fix a busted screen !!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be like putting gas in a car to change a flat tyre
    Check out the BlackBerry Phone Repairs website http://cellphonediary.com/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Maybe the battery

I had an 8900 that did the exact same thing it sounds like. White screen, turned off, came back to white screen when I did a battery pull. Bought a cheap replacement battery (since I was about to get the 9900 a few months later) and it worked again. Can't say that this is your problem, but it fixed mine.