CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Maps?

I just got my 8900 today. I was looking for BB Maps and it was not there. I went to options, advanced options, applications and it lists BB Maps there but I can't find them on the phone. I did show all in applications and still nothing. Please help.

Thanks

Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search.
    "Nobody knows anything about themselves cuz they're too worried about everybody else." - Jack Johnson
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me....

Ha! I just asked the same question a few hours ago. Here, follow this link, and DL google maps, it's free, and easy to install. Just type in your number, and within a few seconds you'll be DLing it.

Recommended Free Software for your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

So you looked in the Applications folder and it wasn't there?

Maybe you can check Application Loader on your Desktop Manager and install it that way?

BB Maps is not a very good program, IMO. I'm trying to figure out how to get a trial of Garmin Mobile for the 8900.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me....

Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
    So you looked in the Applications folder and it wasn't there?

Maybe you can check Application Loader on your Desktop Manager and install it that way?

BB Maps is not a very good program, IMO. I'm trying to figure out how to get a trial of Garmin Mobile for the 8900.
    Yeah, it was never there. I like google maps better thou..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jkb-21 View Post
    I just got my 8900 today. I was looking for BB Maps and it was not there. I went to options, advanced options, applications and it lists BB Maps there but I can't find them on the phone. I did show all in applications and still nothing. Please help.

Thanks

Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search.
    Are you sure you didn't see a red/white compass icon that reads "Maps"??? It doesn't say BlackBerry Maps, just Maps.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me....

A question and answer for you....

1) My friend had the same problem, we solved it by finding that you have to have the service books sent to you, which in some cases aren't already done unless you get the data plan.

From here you have two options
    a) call t-mobile and ask the blackberry department to send you the service books
    b)on the massive download thread there is a link to re download apps such as BB messenger and BB maps
    Past phones: 16gb White 3G Apple iPhone, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Blast,
    Motorola Krazr, Blackberry 8320, Blackberry 8300, Blackberry 8100, Blackberry 8120.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Yeah, Mine didn't show up until Rogers connected me to the right BBData plan (wasn't connecting to BIS before). If you have "edge" showing in the top corner, then you aren't connected to the BIS and this is most likely the issue. If it says "EDGE" then try and get the service books re-sent or re-install the program.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me....

Quote Originally Posted by majikmonkie View Post
    Yeah, Mine didn't show up until Rogers connected me to the right BBData plan (wasn't connecting to BIS before). If you have "edge" showing in the top corner, then you aren't connected to the BIS and this is most likely the issue. If it says "EDGE" then try and get the service books re-sent or re-install the program.
    Hmmm... mine still says EDGE. I also can't sign on to any IM's...? Would that be because I'm not on BIS as well..?
    Automotive Photographer: www.flickr.com/photos/360forged/

PIN: 24B4DD7B
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hifever004 View Post
    Hmmm... mine still says EDGE. I also can't sign on to any IM's...? Would that be because I'm not on BIS as well..?
    Well then you should be connected to BIS if it's in uppercase letters. Do you still receive push mail? Try re-downloading or re-installing the program and do a reboot. You could also try to re-send the service books.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

To get BBMaps, re-send your service books. For your IM applications, try the same thing - also try a battery pull.