View Poll Results: Did you know about this FEE?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

26 44.83%
  • NO!

14 24.14%
  • I had/have paperLess billing.

18 31.03%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation UPDATE: FEE REMOVED!! ~~> [Attn: ALL T-Mobile SUBSCRIBERS ( $1.50 FEE paper bill)

EDIT...
    T-Mobile DROPPED the FEE after MASSIVE customer Complaints , Legal Threats & 'Outcrys'!

Paperless Billing will REMAIN FREE as it ALWAYS was (& should be )

Article(s) / News . Info:

Wall Street Journal.

TmoToday

old thread info... Now in Quotes
    I am a 8900 owner (got it right before official release on Tmobile) & that is why I decided to post in this section...

Doubt this has been posted before & if this is not appropriate section , please move it ...

That said, the reason for this thread....

I came by a this on another Website im usually on (SD) & there I learned that T-Mobile will be CHARGING EVERYONE $1.50 EVERY MONTH to SEND PAPER BILLS! -- This is an OPT OUT FEE! (YOU WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU DO NOT OPT OUT!)
    edit - $3.50 Fee for Detailed Billing

T-Mobile tells me that they sent me (along w/ everyone) else a notice w/ this info -- Something that I NEVER RECEIVED & they won't accept. [which also technically makes this charge Illegal per their T&C.]

They are FORCING CUSTOMERS TO GO GREEN
    (& will PROFIT heavily from everyone that does not OPT out of this FEE!)

-- This is Ultimately a SCAM by T-Mobile, as they are pushing for Green & all the CSR's say that they have to charge this fee to meet all New Printing costs. [ fee goes into effect on Sept. 12 , 2009 ]
    (though they Never cared about sending Flyers ect. w/ their bills Heavily promoting their existing products)

FINE PRINT from Tmobile Website [Quoted from SD]

"Paper Bill & Detailed Bill Charges are charges T-Mobile retains for the services of providing you with a paper bill and detailed billing. The charges may exceed our cost to provide these services..."

Paper Bills are something that are outlined in Section 9 of their Current Terms & Conditions.
    We will send you a bill that summarizes your Charges; you may review your bill details on our website at Unsupported Browser
    So T-Mobile is OBLIGATED to send you a paper bill (according to the T&C).

Why I'm this ?

I would have got charged this fee if I did not see it on SD & greedy Tmobile would have easily PROFITED from me & MiLLions of people w/ this new "Fee" because we would have been simply oblivious to it...

You may be able to get out of contract (w/o ETF) w/ this New Fee , I have tried & was unsuccessful [].

Please "Spread the Word" & make friends & family aware of this change (if you / they didn't already know).

That said...
    1. Were you aware of this FEE?
    2. & what are your thoughts about this?

:bump:
    SD Thread (check wiki )
    Last edited by getz2thapaper; 09-17-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: FEE REMOVED! edit
    CrackBerry User

my understanding is that they did this a long time ago. i dont get bills from them anymore
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

^ nope.
    Just started. Fee goes into effect on Sept. 12.
    (according to my calls ... etc.)

Usually Companies offer Incentives for "Going Green" .
    This is the Direct Opposite
    CrackBerry User

Actually, on my last month's bill, it was very clearly and boldly stated that there will be a $1.50 charge for paper bills.

Upper left had corner, in a box that is titled "Important Information" it states word for word: CUSTOMER SERVICE ALERT Starting in September, paper bills will cost $1.50 a month. Sign up for FREE Paperless Billing at t-mobile.com/billingupdate
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by getz2thapaper View Post
    I am a 8900 owner (got it right before official release on Tmobile) & that is why I decided to post in this section...

Doubt this has been posted before & if this is not appropriate section , please move it ...
    Numerous threads about it in the T-Mobile forum (where it belongs).
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

^ NOPE.. didn't see it on my bill.

Well thanks for pointing that out. Berryite
    I apologize for any inconvenience you may face for reading this here
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by getz2thapaper View Post
    Every company I have send me a paper bill (Unless they offer me some kind of incentive, like Dish Network)
    I agree with you that it's not entirely legit but T-Mobile's price plans are generally the best so you can't fault them for trying to control their costs.

Plus the issue of all that paper is not entirely unfounded and most people don't read their bills anyway.

My complaint is if you want to eliminate paper, why not just offer customers the ability to get full HTML bill detail in email form which should make everyone happy.
    CrackBerry User

Default Paperless...

Quote Originally Posted by apU823 View Post
    my understanding is that they did this a long time ago. i dont get bills from them anymore

I've been paperless for almost 2yrs... its a great thing. I know who I call, who I text and my bill is due on the same day every month.

just sent the message to my family on tmo. they were very happy to know.

"Take on the Day"
    Tiffy
    CrackBerry User

I, personally, must have a printed copy of my bill for record. Their online system has failed me so many times.

When it comes to the fee, I can withstand losing less than $20 a year to tmobile. I already lose $150 a month for ****ty service but i have a helluva lot more minutes than anybody else.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts

See what happens when you go green. You have to pay for it if you don't
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ast32 View Post
    for ****ty service but i have a helluva lot more minutes than anybody else.
    No reason to be unhappy. Metrocall and Boost Mobile are crying for you dude. Unlimited minutes for nothing. Make the switch. Got all your problems solved.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts

Disable paperless billing. I went online to print the actual bill 40+ pages! The 1.50 is understandable. I converted all my accounts to paperless billing. Much better overall, in terms of less clutter, good for the earth. If your internet is down and need to pay? just call and have phone payment waived. Easy as pie!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

If you call Tmob and say you don't agree, you might be able to cancel your contract without any fuss, and still get to keep your phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

I think paper less is the wave of the future. I just looked and my las bill was 128 pages long. I can see why they want to charge. I think VZW charges $2.99 or $5.00 a month for paper bills ( if I remember correct)

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24B379A1

Ill be telling my girlfriend this. This is outrages.

CrackBerry Genius

It sort of stinks but I can see why it's happening. For people (like me) who text and call a LOT, the bills can be many, many pages. And that's not even "detailed billing". Normal billing still logs everything so it can take up a lot of paper.

I switched to paperless when I first got T-Mobile only because I'm at school and don't feel like changing addresses when I leave and whatnot. But I can see how this can be a problem for some people.

For those who NEED the paper bill for their records...is that for work? You could get your workplace to reimburse you for the yearly cost of getting a paper bill if they are the ones requiring you to keep it for records.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

^ I txt a lot aswell... Regular Bills are about 3 if not 4 pages (max) usually for me.

If you get Detailed Billing you get many pages. (But I dont need / care for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Snownation View Post
    If you call Tmob and say you don't agree, you might be able to cancel your contract without any fuss, and still get to keep your phone.
    ^^ Doesn't Work. Tried it ... talked to Loyalty Dept. aswell ... their "#1 ranked CService" is slowly Becoming sh1t (like Cingular, when I had them abt 4 yrs back)

They offered to credit me the Fee's if I signed a contract for my out of contract line (I have a fam. plan).
    I told em to fock off... why would I sign w/ a company that is providing me Shyt service already...

Will keep trying to get my contract broken & if I do , I'll be sure to switch.
    Sprint SERO [plan] , here I come !
    Last edited by getz2thapaper; 08-29-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Its 2009 people, not everyone needs to have a paper copies of their bills. Digital formats are just as good, are cost-effective and environmentally-friendly. For sure the overwhelming majority of people look at their bill the day it comes in, pay for it and then throw it away. All of this could just be done online instead. It is also much easier to save a copies of your bill on your computer and keep an archive of them over time than it is to keep paper copies of them. Paperless billing is just an all around smarter option for viewing your bills.

For those that do need printed copies of their bills, (for accounting reasons, etc) they can easily just print the bills themselves as necessary.

Also, this is nothing new as many companies are doing the same thing these days.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

the main point is that they won't let you keep paper bills & when you try to tell them that the [<< alliteration? ] charges are violating the terms and conditions , they dispute that...

But when I point out that Section 9 tells me otherwise , they intially stumble & cant justify it , so they say a generic statement like their Legal dept fine combed the change & that they'd be happy to switch me to paperless.

[if you call in and tell them that the Fee is a violation of contract , they will tell you NO, initially , then when you point out what I mentioned before, they'll stumble & put you on hold a few times & give you a garbage response]

... I will file w/ the BBB & FCC & see what happens.
    [I've seldom been this committed to proving my point , but this really "Grinds my gears" ]

Edit- (in response to post above me)
    - I have NOT seen a Company I subscribe to charge me extra to send me a paper bill ...especially if its 3-4 pages. [if anything they give me some incentive ,like dish network , gave me Free channels for going green]

Why would I want to be pressured into going green? They had no problems sending me ADs & flyers of all their Bull shyt service , 1 - 3 sheets every month ... those are the things they truly need to cut down on.

Now all of a sudden they formulate a way to charge people for something that is a standard in an attempt to get more profits. I read somewhere that it costs them about $0.01 or $0.001 Per page.

That's surely something they can manage , w/ all the profits they are reaping.
    [Ie. Txt messages , its something that should be free & costs them nearly nothing to maintain yet they increase rates All the time]
    Last edited by getz2thapaper; 08-29-2009 at 07:48 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I agree that paperless is the waive of the future; I have paperless billing, but I pity the elderly who may not be as computer literate as we are, and there are people who are on fixed incomes who cannot afford computers and/or the internet service.

Last edited by vsmith; 08-30-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just wish they could get the email portion fixed because I've tried verifying my email address twice now and it says it's verified then I get another email a week later saying it isn't and I have x days left until it opts back into paper billing since I was unable to verify my email address. I've called and all they show is it's verified yet some of their computer systems aren't communicating so nobody seems to know. This is quite frustrating.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by OstrichSak View Post
    I just wish they could get the email portion fixed because I've tried verifying my email address twice now and it says it's verified then I get another email a week later saying it isn't and I have x days left until it opts back into paper billing since I was unable to verify my email address. I've called and all they show is it's verified yet some of their computer systems aren't communicating so nobody seems to know. This is quite frustrating.
    That is odd. Maybe you should try using a different email address?
    I use my Gmail one and didn't have any problems setting up paperless a year ago.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis68 View Post
    That is odd. Maybe you should try using a different email address?
    I use my Gmail one and didn't have any problems setting up paperless a year ago.
    Tried that. Started with a Gmail address and then went to a Hotmail and we'll see what happens.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I found out when i went online to pay my bill... usually i pay my bill through the phone... i probably would've never found out about this
    "Success is a Journey, Not a Destination"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20edea02

Lmao its $1.50. The OP is acting like its $20. I can understand the principle of it but seriously, that small amount of change could show up on any given month with the taxes and fees already associated with cell phone providers. Is your bill the exact same down to the penny every month? Didn't think so. And nearly every company charges for the use of their paper. Luckily they charge a flat rate and not per page. Even though I'm on easypay anyway. Bet you didn't know they charge you a $5 control charge for a paper bill already anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast