CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Arrow 8900 Promotion

Has anyone been able to get an 8900 for around 199 without a rebate?
    Last edited by mywitheredeye; 04-04-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Why do you say that?...
    T-Mobile Z10 // 32GB PlayBook
    Retired --> 9780/9700/8900/8100/8310/All Unlocked

Follow me on http://twitter.com/impalass96
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    PIN
    Don't have one

Huh? I don't understand .....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,899 Global Posts
    PIN
    G pong is not a sport

I promise not to be upset, unless there are still people waiting for their phones because they are backordered.
    I understand that by getting my 8900 on release day I would be paying top dollar, and I could have waited(ya right) and gotten it cheaper.
    I would be surprised that tmobile thought this would be necessary since they have had so much trouble keeping up with demand already. It is a good money making idea though if they require a BB plan cuz then they get the money back in 4 months.
    CrackBerry Abuser

where are you getting this intel?
  6. 2o
    CrackBerry Newbie

Then I guess it would upset you to hear I got mine for free.

Lol, I work for a big company with corp discounts so no I actually won't be mad. But I am surprised to see them slash prices so soon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
    No more 3G iPhone...best move ever!
    CrackBerry Abuser

well amazon and wirefly has already been selling them for $50 after rebates, for new customers only with 2 yr contract. No upgrades, which is why I had no choice but to go with Tmobile's $200 after rebates.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Its an april fools jokeeeee! haha
    CrackBerry Addict

Well typically, you pay a little bit more when a phone first comes out (with a few exceptions) and the price on phones drop, the longer they've been out. I guess that's the price you pay for being impatient Most of us who got our phone during the corporate ordering period paid a little bit more, but I'm ok with that because I had it weeks before the "general public".
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,021 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

Me too... I am fine with it!!!
    Collect coins or want extra income??? https://www.numisnetwork.com/CER

I'll Stop procrastinating tomorrow!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

I wonder if this is what "mywitheredeye" was talking about: Amazon.com: BlackBerry Curve 8900 Phone, Titanium (T-Mobile): Cell Phones & Service
    T-Mobile Z10 // 32GB PlayBook
    Retired --> 9780/9700/8900/8100/8310/All Unlocked

Follow me on http://twitter.com/impalass96
    CrackBerry Addict

After buying cell phones for 17 years, PC's for 25 years, I've learned a long time ago that it's not worth 1) waiting for the "best price" (it's a moving target - always), and 2) not worth getting upset when the price inevitably falls after your purchase. That's simply retail electronics economics. You have to decide when the price point works for you, jump in, and don't look back.

Mine was relatively painless:

$200 after rebate from T-Mobile. Another customer in the retail (corp) store actually bought my 8300 off me for $100 cash as I bought the 8900, and while in the store, we got Customer Care on the phone and had the devices and PINs switched to the proper T-Mobile accounts -- quick and painless. So I was now down to about $100 spent on the 8900.

Then I still have the rebate from RIM and T-Mobile to cash in, so I can send in an old 8700 and get at least $50 back on this recycling program. This brings the out of pocket phone cost down to $50 for me. Worked out well for me!
    CrackBerry User

Trust me, I don't care if I paid $200 (on new contract) for mine or if there's a promo for it being free. It was WELL WORTH the $200.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,021 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

In hard times people take what they can get Sales must be down!!
    Collect coins or want extra income??? https://www.numisnetwork.com/CER

I'll Stop procrastinating tomorrow!!
    CrackBerry User

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not. Instead of ordering from service I just went to a T-mobile store and got it for $299 w/ a $100 rebate.
    Just Smile and Nod
    CrackBerry Abuser

customer service, online, and retail store all has the same deal. $299 - $100rebate with 2yr contract.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    24ABEF54

I bought what i want when I wanted it. I got it on the 89.99 unlimited family plan with family txt and then 2 BIS accounts and I am only paying 20 dollars more a month for then I was for my unlimited plan with one BB. I do not care about any promo at this point when I am saving to have my daughter on my account is worth it
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Up Model

Honestly I does not matter to me. I got my 8900 during the "pre-release" and I paid the 200 dollars. I am happy I got it when I did and what others are doing really does not matter to me. It was hard enough to wait as long as I did to get it. Not having to wait until April.....priceless.
    "Learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; it is free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery, and enchantment." - Deepak Chopra