Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8900 OutDATED ? Whats Next For you !!!!

Well it seems the best blackberry ever is slowly fading off !! its my understanding there will not be any os 6.0 for the 8900 !! what a shame !!
    So what is everyone gonna do now? Just curious to know what some of you
    are planning to do? Update to a different blackberry ! or just get something
    completely different? ! I was thinking of going andriod but dunno if i can give up the blackberry just yet. Time will tell.. over and out! ....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Actually, I'm tempted to get the Curve 3G
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Chromance View Post
    Well it seems the best blackberry ever is slowly fading off !! its my understanding there will not be any os 6.0 for the 8900 !! what a shame !!
    So what is everyone gonna do now? Just curious to know what some of you
    are planning to do? Update to a different blackberry ! or just get something
    completely different? ! I was thinking of going andriod but dunno if i can give up the blackberry just yet. Time will tell.. over and out! ....
    try a different platform for a change..
    if you miss the BB, then go for the curve 3G

CrackBerry Abuser

Whatever new berry tmobile has around july of '11

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Still very happy with my 8900 & won't be changing anytime soon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Believe it or not, I actually sold my iPhone 3G to get an 8900.
    I have an iPad that allows me to do most functions that I need for iPhone, so wanted a nice everyday phone to use, and got a great deal on eBay for the 8900 a couple of weeks ago.

Model: Custom Curve 8900
    PIN: 258C4DAD
    TWITTER: gavdixon
    CrackBerry User

i've had mine for 18mths. And am now thinking to move up the ladder to 9800!
    8900 has served me well. Time for a speed (net) upgrade me thinks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    PIN

Actually, I'm going to stick it out with my 8900 a little longer.
    Never Fear
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

9780 in my future, I believe.

CrackBerry Addict

I am also gonna get the BOLD 9780 to replace my 2 yr old 8900. The trackball on my device is starting to see its day. I am also ready for a 3G device. I think the BOLD 9780 will be the perfect upgrade.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

The 9780 looks good. 8900 has been good but with no 3g it gets frustrating. And since I have replaced the trackball from the china ebay version its like a whole new phone.

CrackBerry Newbie

i believe there will be succsessor of 8900. There must be place for a mid terminal. There is highend bold, cheap curve3g so there must be also something better than 8900. Javelin with 3g, better camera like in torch and trackball would be great. Nothing more for me needed.

CrackBerry Abuser

Since there will NEVER be 3g for GSM out here and i roam on union wireless in Wyoming the 8900 is still about the best phone i could have. Always can tether in the middle of nowhere with good enough speeds, use UMA when needed and EDGE is fast enough.
    8900 is a reliable workhorse with awesome battery life.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm going to pick up the 9780 for sure.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I'll stick with the 8900 if I can fix the trackball issue. If not, I'll get a 2nd hand 9700 for around 200 bucks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin you? I hardly KNOW you!

Well, I hear the Android calling my name......I confess that, though I do love my 8900, if it had been made more known that it was NOT a 3G device, I'd have passed it by. That was my fault--I usually do more research on a device than that, but I seriously don't recall in my 8900 research 'hearing' that it was not 3g <shrug>

Oh well, if the Android doesn't work, I'll be back on BB.
    ....cause when they own the information, they can bend it all they want.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

as weird as this sounds, the new Windows phone 7 looks amazing to me. i might be inclined to get it. but if i'll stay with blackberry im hoping i can go for a torch. time for a big screen! i wont be getting the torch anytime soon tho. not before 5 months to come. the curve 3G is a very good candidate, but i cant go back to that smaller screen res.
    CrackBerry Addict

For me it's Torch 9800 in Feb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Probably moving to the iPhone. I have no real reason to stay with BlackBerry anymore.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj85 View Post
    Whatever new berry tmobile has around july of '11
    Was thinking the same. My contract is up in Feb. Hopefully they have something decent out by then. If it wasn't for the 3G, I'd probably stick with the 8900. My wife's 9700 is kick *** and the tether on 3G is awesome for those occasional laptop use.

I'm disappointed with TMO because they are going to start charging for tethering now but I will just keep a copy of Desktop software v5 and see what happens or pick up a tether software app.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by notosiup View Post
    i believe there will be succsessor of 8900. There must be place for a mid terminal. There is highend bold, cheap curve3g so there must be also something better than 8900. Javelin with 3g, better camera like in torch and trackball would be great. Nothing more for me needed.

I doubt there will be and here's why: The 9700 was barely an upgrade to the 8900. It added 3 things: trackpad, 3G, and bump from 512 to 624 processor. It's kind of the same thing that 9700 owners are saying about the 9780; it doesn't add much, Memory and BB6. And, in theory, BB6 is coming to the 9700. But, jumping from the 8900 to the 9780, that makes sense as BB6 is not coming to the 8900. The next Bold or Bold-ish BB should add touch to the 9700/80 form factor and then the next jump should be QNX, a big jump for any BB. So, I don't think you'll see another Mid-Range. The old ones become the midrange; currently, that's going to be the 9700.

What would you put in a mid range device, spec wise?
    Gregerator here = Lombaki on Twitter.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

Yes the 8900 is outdated and I see what many of you all are saying.........but me personally........my 8900 will last me until we see the QNX based phones from RIM. The 9780 looks like the best upgrade option from RIM for a 8900 owner, but I can't give RIM my hard earned money for a refresh phone for another 2 years, all while knowing bigger things are right around the corner. A LTE Storm (or anything LTE for that matter) would satisfy my craving for a new BB.

Yes being on EDGE in 2010 truly sucks but besides that my 8900 is still going strong. She's been a good companion ha ha
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    CrackBerry Addict

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Yes the 8900 is outdated and I see what many of you all are saying.........but me personally........my 8900 will last me until we see the QNX based phones from RIM. The 9780 looks like the best upgrade option from RIM for a 8900 owner, but I can't give RIM my hard earned money for a refresh phone for another 2 years, all while knowing bigger things are right around the corner. A LTE Storm (or anything LTE for that matter) would satisfy my craving for a new BB.

Yes being on EDGE in 2010 truly sucks but besides that my 8900 is still going strong. She's been a good companion ha ha
    Agreed. The upcoming BOLD 9780 will be the perfect upgrade for us fellow 8900 users. The 8900 has been awesome to me. Only been using OS 5 for a month on it now and have no complaints. EDGE data speeds are fine for me so I am sure 3g will be a huge step up. I have no problem streaming youtube videos on EDGE. This phone has by far the best battery life I have ever seen on a cell phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    297be244

It's sad, but it's true...
    The 8900 is getting old...

After all it's still an awesome device!!!

All I can say, till now, there is no new BB out, which would be worth
    to make an upgrade!

The 9800? Nice device, but I'd prefer the Bold 9000.
    Same processor, 9000 has also a great display.
    Touchscreen and OS6, are not really things, that make a big difference to me.

Change to Android?
    I don't really wanna change... Hmmm...

But, if there won't come a "all-changing" new BB, till next year, I gonna leave RIM.

I don't see the point of spending money to a divice, which is still "2006".

So the next few months, I will stick with my good, old, trusty 8900.

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Slash82 View Post
    It's sad, but it's true...
    The 8900 is getting old...

After all it's still an awesome device!!!

All I can say, till now, there is no new BB out, which would be worth
    to make an upgrade!

The 9800? Nice device, but I'd prefer the Bold 9000.
    Same processor, 9000 has also a great display.
    Touchscreen and OS6, are not really things, that make a big difference to me.

Change to Android?
    I don't really wanna change... Hmmm...

But, if there won't come a "all-changing" new BB, till next year, I gonna leave RIM.

I don't see the point of spending money to a divice, which is still "2006".

So the next few months, I will stick with my good, old, trusty 8900.

How about the 9780? Looks to be a perfect upgrade for us fellow 8900 users. Better processor, ram, camera, OS 6, better keyboard. Same display which is great because I have so many 480x360 wallpapers lol.

However it does lack HSPA+ which is T-Mobile's 4g network ): For 9700 users its not that much of a upgrade. Just my opinion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast