Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Would an 8900 charger pod work with an 8520?

I'm trying to help my friend with her charging issues, and recommended that she got a charging pod where you can just place the phone inside and let it stand while it charges, as I have one of those and it works like a dream. However, I've been looking around and didn't find many decently priced ones (it's seems the only bargains to be had are for my phone, a bold 9700). I did find a charging pod for an 8900 but I don't want to buy it only for it to not work, as she has a curve 8520. Do any of you guys know anything about this kind of thing?

Here's the charger pod I have BlackBerry 9700 Charging Pod: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And here's the one I saw for an 8900 BlackBerry 8900 Charging Pod: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Jewels24; 12-13-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to add detail
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

The blackberry curve 8520 does not support charging docks. The only docks you can buy for it at the moment are unofficial docks that sit the phone upright like the official docks but connect to the USB port of the phone.
    So if the USB is the problem then this will not bypass it.
    CrackBerry User

Charging mat?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

You would have to connect the accessory that connects the phone and the charging mat to the usb of the phone. So that would not work either.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Would an 8900 charger pod work with an 8520?

Can't understand why they do not do a charging dock for all BlackBerry's and not just certain ones?
    Maybe that is something someone needs to work out! I know even the BlackBerry torch has a charging pod and that is charged sideways!
    So if that monstrosity can have one then why can't others?
    Come on need to come up with an idea for it!