CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool White Screen of Death

im having problems with my bb if i go on the internet and then get a text the screen whites out i guess people on here call it the white screen of death, i have to take the battery out the get it to go away. why does it happen in the first place? i got a new bb because of the same problem and this ones about a week old and its already happening again. is there a way to stop it from happening? why does it happen?
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

have you tried updating your OS?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

What's an OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,410 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

An OS is an operating system. You may want to follow the tutorial posted below. I think it will help you out. Hope it all goes well btw, the 8520/8530 use OS5.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Visitor
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

okey dokey thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

ohh wait ive done that already
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Whenever that screen comes up on my bb I just lock my phone by holding the play button and unlock it. Has worked everytime for me, but I've notice that it often happens when I have both the camera and video recorder apps open. It has happen to me while I've been doing other things on my BB, but usually happens to me when I have those apps open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

mine happens when i get a text message. i have tried the locking it and even tried turning it off nothings works i have to take my battery out for it to go back to normal
    CrackBerry Newbie

my bb is stuck on the white screen and i can't get it off, i have tryed everything on here to get rid of it ,and no go, it also says very small in the middle(app error523)and no one has been able to tell me how to get rid of it, my cell phone carrier just sent me a new phone today, but i would still like to know how to fix it if possible,my carrier said DO NOT put my info . back on it from my backup on my pc, they said put all my contacts in manualy?? its mind boggling, i dont know???
    CrackBerry Newbie

it done that with mine nd i got a new battery xx