CrackBerry User

PIN
    219777bc
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Volume down button not working at all

Since the 9700 forum SUCKS, and NO ONE answers any freaking questions, I'm sticking to the 8520 forums.

Bought the 9700 off a friend, he's leaving for the marines and won't need his phone anymore.
    Excellent condition, not a scratch. Awesome.. accept the volume down button doesn't work at all. I use my phone for an mp3 player constantly so this a a rather HUGE annoyance for me.
    Looks like I need some good ole' diegonei advice.
    Help!
    Last name ever, first name greatest.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

So, it doesn't work on any app? Or just when you're playing mp3?

I don't know if a battery pull will hep, but give it a try.

If it doesn't work on any app, battery pull won't help, it's probably a hardware issue.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    219777bc
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Nope, it doesn't work during phone calls, video players, or mp3. Its screwed.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have 8520, volume was stuck at 100% none the less. Did the take battery out and all that stuff. Nothing. Found this- Go to Menu-settings-options-screen/keyboard- scroll down to 'key tone' and turn it to 'on'. Now when you hit any key you will hear a tone. I turned music on so I could see the volume and sure enough I was able to lower the volume with the buttons. I went back to settings and turned key tone off and my volume buttons still work.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Works now

Thanks tbmasters.... this trick worked for me. My volume down button now works... cheers,
    rental
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Worked for me too!

Likewise - thanks, Tpmasters!
    The keytone on-off trick worked perfectly on my 8520 whose volume+ button just stopped working without apparent reason.
    And there was I thinking it was a hardware fault....
    Skinnes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks TBMasters! This worked for my Bold 9700. When reading this thread, I had zero confidence that this would work for me. I thought for sure my problem was hardware-related. My Decrease Volume button would work flawlessly, but my Increase button had suddenly all but stopped working completely. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying the procedure you mentioned, and it worked like a dream.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Scratch that, this only worked for me for about twelve hours. The problem is back. Unfortunately, reattempting this procedure no longer works for me. I am considering disassembling my phone to see if I can fix the button - it's got to be a hardware issue.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank you and now it work
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Volume down button not working at all

i tried this but which buttons do you press to turn the volume down?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Volume Buttons Inop

Yep Worked on my 9650 as well. Ketone was not selected after a refurbished phone was delivered. Morons.