Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Using Blackberry Curve 8520 as a modem to connect laptop to internet

I want to be able to use my Blackberry as a modem so that when I connect my laptop to it, I can connect to the internet using the Blackberry as a modem.

Can someone please confirm if this is possible and how to do it inc settings, etc

Thanks, Stephen
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

First of all what carrier do you have and what type of computer apple or Pc. Some providers such as sprint and i believe verizon you have to add it on to your monthly bill... like 15 a month I think. altell too. Some you can still do it for free i believe but I am not sure which ones.

Orrr you can buy tetherberry out of the crackberry store. I had sprint and was able to tether for free. then they blocked it. So it was either pay 15 a month or buy tether berry. I bought tether berry.. its a little slower than the way I use to tether but it gets the job done.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Apologies! I should have added this info. The carrier is Orange UK and I use a PC running Windows XP. Also, my monthly a/c from Orange allows for 'unlimited' internet access though I doubt it really is unlimited

I have an application on my laptop which cannot be installed on the Blackberry, hence the reason to be able to connect to when I am out, abroad, etc
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Just to update this thread, I contacted Orange by email and within 24 hours they rang me back, transferred me to their technical dept and talked me through the set up. Now I can use the B'Berry as a modem with either the cable or bluetooth

Free of charge?
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

PIN
    21106AFF

Did you happen to save those steps so you could enlighten us all?
    I see, I see, so an educator I'll be!

Victoria72 a.k.a. SolanoGypsy