I want to be able to use my Blackberry as a modem so that when I connect my laptop to it, I can connect to the internet using the Blackberry as a modem.

Can someone please confirm if this is possible and how to do it inc settings, etc

Thanks, Stephen
    12-15-09 08:13 AM
    First of all what carrier do you have and what type of computer apple or Pc. Some providers such as sprint and i believe verizon you have to add it on to your monthly bill... like 15 a month I think. altell too. Some you can still do it for free i believe but I am not sure which ones.

Orrr you can buy tetherberry out of the crackberry store. I had sprint and was able to tether for free. then they blocked it. So it was either pay 15 a month or buy tether berry. I bought tether berry.. its a little slower than the way I use to tether but it gets the job done.
    12-15-09 08:36 AM
    Apologies! I should have added this info. The carrier is Orange UK and I use a PC running Windows XP. Also, my monthly a/c from Orange allows for 'unlimited' internet access though I doubt it really is unlimited

I have an application on my laptop which cannot be installed on the Blackberry, hence the reason to be able to connect to when I am out, abroad, etc
    12-15-09 08:46 AM
    Just to update this thread, I contacted Orange by email and within 24 hours they rang me back, transferred me to their technical dept and talked me through the set up. Now I can use the B'Berry as a modem with either the cable or bluetooth
    12-20-09 03:37 PM
    Free of charge?
    12-20-09 05:39 PM
    Did you happen to save those steps so you could enlighten us all?
    01-12-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD