CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Unlocking my BB Curve 8520

HELP! Damsel in distress!

My Iphone got stolen at the weekend so i got a replacement sim to put in my old blackberry - which is locked to O2, im trying to use a 3 sim card, i have bought an unlocking code, and followed there instructions - but cant get to the part where i can actually enter the code. so far i can do the following -

Options - advanced options - Sim - MEPD - when it gets to this point and i type in mep2 it just doesnt do anything? stays on the same screen and nothing opens where i can enter the code?

ive tried taking the battery and sim out and everything like that?

Any Ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Maybe it is already unlocked. What does it read next to "Network"?

Also, the 8520 is a GSM only device. Does 3 have a GSM (2G) network in your area? If not, you will not be able to use it on 3.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

the 5 menu items all say "deactivated"

so is the 8520 not compatable with a 3G service?

also when unlocking which sim should i be using? the one that it is locked to, or the new one which i want to use?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

If it reads "Disabled" or "Inactive" next to Network, then it is already unlocked.

No, the 8250 is not compatible with any 3G network. It does not have the hardware necessary for 3G.

When unlocking, it doesn't matter what SIM card you use.
    CrackBerry Genius

SwitchBeach is correct. The 8250 only works with a carrier that support 2G aka EDGE.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Default Unlock Blackberry curve 8520

To unlock your Blackberry curve 8520 with the unlock code you need to go into the SIM card options and type MEPD
    After you type it you will get a screen with lines, next to each line you will see the security status... if all the lines are disabled then your Blackberry curve 8520 is already unlocked. if the "network" is active then it's not unlocked.

If it's not unlocked then maybe you are doing something wrong, you need to type MEP2 but you should use the ALT key when you type a number so just type MEP and then hold the [ALT] and press the #2 button. it should load the screen where you will be asked to use your unlock code to unlock your Blackberry curve 8520.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,
    Could anyone help me unlock my blackberry curve 8520 ?
    I have the IMEI code and SIM code.
    Thanks in advance.