Unable to verify "certificate" message from "getempower"
Hi, I'm continuously getting a pop up message stating that the certificate or license for "getempower" is expired. It says the issuer is go daddy.com. and it gives me the option to continue or deny access. When I click on view certificate, it's just a bunch of numbers and other stuff, including the date the certificate or license expired. I have no idea what all this crap means. Should I be worried? Does it have something to do with an app I a have installed on my phone? It pops up several times a day and is quite annoying. Thanks for any help. Mikejamm
I looked the certificate name "getempower", up on Google, but all it says, is that is has something to do with Blackberry apps. I'm sure it must have something to do with an app I've downloaded, but I don't know which one. It's not affecting the operation of my phone in any way so far, that I know of, and this pop up just started happening about 3 weeks ago. I've had the phone for a few years now and have never had this problem until now.
- 03-21-2013, 04:32 PM #4
I'm having the same problem that seems to be due to Empower's "Task Manager" application on my 9700. I found this post which seems to shed a little light.... I haven't tried the "fix" yet so can't vouch but at least it gives me something to try when I get desperate enough
App Lock - Getempower is not updating my license
- By bobs95014 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 1Last Post: 01-10-2011, 05:44 AM
- By garran in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2009, 10:32 PM
- By ginoharden in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2008, 08:42 AM
- By ticktock in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
- By Thug2md in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 4Last Post: 08-16-2007, 12:36 AM