CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trackpad skip/jump problem

Hello all,
    I wonder if anyone can help me at all...

The cursor on my Curve 8520 (whether on the browser or menu or home screen) often moves by it's own accord, sometimes slightly and sometimes scrolling down web pages by itself. It doesn't happen every time I use my Blackberry, but often enough to be annoying.
    The phone is about a week old.

Does anyone know of a solution, or indeed anyone else who has experienced this problem?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you may receive

Curve 8520/8530 FAQ

Basically I'd do a battery pull while the phone is on and let the OS reboot and see if that helps. Then go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and adjust the sensitivity.
    CrackBerry User

Hmm, make sure that area is clean and adjust the sensitivity settings.

You may feel more comfortable swapping it for a replacement.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem. I've turned it off, taken out the battery and held down the power button to reboot. It's not all the time, just sometimes. AND when I'm texting not only does it jump around, it will also insert random symbols or letters in other languages!
    CrackBerry User

Yea my curve 8520 was playing up when I was texting the other day. By the time I had finished texting and re-read the text, the end was at the beginning and the beginning was at the end of the text. Hasnt happened since though and I hope it stays that way!
    Just because you'r paranoid doesn't mean they aint after you .eek:
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

it is an optical pad, and if the sensitivity is high, it can pick up your fingers nearby. I've reduced my setting to 60, it came at 70, but even then if i go from the escape to menu button lazily across (but not touching) the trackpad, it'll move the curser or show other signs it thinks I moved it.