CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Reload software: 552 error code need help!

I got this error code after updating FB App on my Curve. Spent hours on the phone w/ T-Mobile & they couldn't help. If any of you guys can help? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

I'm not on a computer to paste links, but search CrackBerry and Google for 552 error and you will find a ton of info. You will have to reload the OS and will lose everything you don't have backed up. Used to happen to me a lot when I had OS 4.6. I recommend upgrading to OS 5 if you aren't running already.

CrackBerry User

I used to get that "white screen of death" every single time I installed a new app on my old Nextel 8350i until I upgraded to the 5.0 OS and it was finally a thing of the past (thank goodness).

All of my research found countless forum posts telling me that I needed to re-install my OS.

Are you familiar with AppLoader? It's a part of BB Desktop Manager. Mine is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe".

Whenever I encountered the problem after a new app install, I would first scream every cuss word in the book and put my fist through a wall. Then, I would fire up AppLoader with my device connected, scroll to the application in the list which I had just installed, and then uncheck it. It would then be removed from my device. After an automatic reboot my BB would come back just fine -- without an OS reinstall!

Try this... and the best of luck to you.

Reloading an OS is really not that big a deal. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com. Follow the instructioons and all should be well. Gives you a chance to upgrade at the same time. This is a learning opportunity.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by sedalia066 View Post
    Reloading an OS is really not that big a deal. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com. Follow the instructioons and all should be well. Gives you a chance to upgrade at the same time. This is a learning opportunity.

True, reloading an OS is not that big of a deal, but can be a painstakingly long, drawn-out process. It is, indeed, a great learning opportunity. However, just as anything else in life, avoid that long procedure if the faulty application you just installed can simply be removed in a heartbeat from within AppLoader. Had I known about this method of recovering from a 552 error in the past, I could have saved myself alot of grief.