CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default reg blackberry 8520 wifi problem

Hi,
    i got a blackberry 8520 phone in that while iam turning off the data connection and when using with wifi in home only, it is giving error that internet is not connected. But while iam turning on the data services than internet is getting connected but i dont know in home also it is taking data services only not wifi.

please tell me how i connect to wifi in my home with out using data option because charges are high in my bill if iam using that service.
    As i though when i purchase the phone as like other phones through wifi internet is free but not happening in case of this black berry 8520.
    please help me
    CrackBerry User

You cant connect to internet with data service turned off i guess higher BB models have tht options nywaz i dnt think u need to worry abt ur billing coz it will use wifi and the other things tht u can do if it uses ur carrier internet service other then wifi
    1. If ur using blackberry browser make sure ur using "HOTSPOT" browser as it only works on wifi u can set ur browser to hotspot browser in Options>advance option>broswer and chnge it to hotspot broswer
    2. Some apps which ur running automatically prefer WIFI and some have the option where u can select which type of connection to use so u can again change the option