CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question for those who knows the phone system in the Philippines

Do you have to get the SMART or GLOBE BlackBerry plan to use a BlackBerry phone in the Philippines? Because I went to the BlackBerry website and looked at the BlackBerry phones available in the Philippines. I clicked on one of them and it took me to the GLOBE website and in the website, all the plan available for the BlackBerry phones are listed. Can't you just buy a BlackBerry phone, buy a SIM card, then get minutes (loads) just like you would when you have other kinds of phone?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mangcool View Post
    Do you have to get the SMART or GLOBE BlackBerry plan to use a BlackBerry phone in the Philippines? Because I went to the BlackBerry website and looked at the BlackBerry phones available in the Philippines. I clicked on one of them and it took me to the GLOBE website and in the website, all the plan available for the BlackBerry phones are listed. Can't you just buy a BlackBerry phone, buy a SIM card, then get minutes (loads) just like you would when you have other kinds of phone?
    You can do that here. Just make sure that your bb phone is not registered to any network from the country where you bought it. Globe and smart are both offering pre-paid plans for blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

I wonder if a prepaid plan is really a good idea. One can really use a lot of bandwidth with a BB.
    Do they have unlimited data back home ?

CrackBerry Newbie

Its definitely a better idea. Globe (and I'm assuming smart does too) offers a prepaid BB service with unlimited data. Just choose between a per day load or a monthly prepaid load. I believe the amount is listed on the globe site. Sorry, I forgot the exact cost but its definitely a better idea than using your current carrier for roaming and data here
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I contacted the Globe customer support, and told me everything I need to know. Thanks for the feedback guys!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mangcool View Post
    I contacted the Globe customer support, and told me everything I need to know. Thanks for the feedback guys!

So,whats the deal?
    Storm 2 -> Bold 9930
    http://blog.devsphoto.com
    twitter:@rafiks
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by rafiks View Post
    So,whats the deal?
    They said that if I get a BlackBerry phone, I need to register the IMEI or the serial number of the phone so I can use EDGE. You actually don't have to have a data plan but they recommend it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    is usually made of steel

Me i'm using prepaid with Globe.. and i just spend 1,200 a month for BIS.. ^_^
    All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey?

Jeez mangcool, I see your posts all the time. I never realized you were in the Phillippines.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by RunOfLuck View Post
    Jeez mangcool, I see your posts all the time. I never realized you were in the Phillippines.

, I currently live in the US. I was born in Philippines, though.

I asked because I was planning to go to the Philippines and getting a BlackBerry phone so I'd have a phone to use when I'm over there.

FYI, I cannot use the phone I'm using right now, here in US, because it's a CDMA phone. Philippines doesn't have any CDMA networks.