Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dudermont
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Please help...how do companies keep tracking you on BB...

I might be a total ***** : I do use my BB to make web-purchases from for example Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more. I log out faithfully after every transaction and clear my history and clear my cache operations. I also clear log events and run a memory cleaning daily. I don't have any bookmarks either.
    The problem that I have is that when I then re-enter a website like for example amazon, which i have to re-do manually since i've cleared my browser, the page still comes up showing that I'm from xxx country. How the **** do they that ? I've found that certain web merchants charges different prices depending where you're from...especially if they offer "FREE WORLD-WIDE SHIPPING"
    Is there ANY way I can block this ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's pretty easy, it isn't your phone sending out the data. When you connect to the internet there is data being sent along, this can't be changed, they have to know where to send the data back. The servers that you access the internet from also allow requests of there location.
    From your home computer they will get the same info. Go to whatismyipaddress.com they know who my home internet is through and the the city I live in.
    You are clearing your cache fine.

To prevent this you would need to use a proxy but the proxy will still tell a website like amazon which country the proxy is in, but your location would be hidden.

This isn't really a security concern though.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    280BF90E

Well its a simple complex answer... Mobile devices i.e phones use cell towers, cell towers have locations... location information is then turned into ip addresses which expands from mobile to any electronic device connected to the internet. Each country, each city, each state has its own ip addressing, which is how they know. There are programs out there that fakes other regions and countries to make sites think you are somewhere else, but unless u are not connected to a network, you will always give off location information
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

Default Please help...how do companies keep tracking you on BB...

your blackberry phone has a unique ip address so there isn't any way to escape being tracked. its that simple

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    *TT* M Mo$ *TT*
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,852 Global Posts

I love how m.ufc.com always redirects me to m.ufc.ca
    BB4Life