Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default No audio during calls except from headphones

Hey Guys,

I have a weird problem with my Curve 8520 in that I can't hear anything from either the headset or speakerphone UNLESS I plug in the headphones, when all 3 work fine till the headphones are in. This happens during both incoming and outgoing calls but for some reason, not if I am listening to music so that I can play it through both the headset or speakerphone without plugging in the headphones which might indicate that it's not a problem with the headphone jack.

This has happened with my phone before, usually right after I had used the headphones, but I easily fixed it by putting in the headphones while making a call and selecting "Activate Headset" from the menu. This time it's not going away and the icon on the top right corner keeps alternating between the headphones one and the double arrows.

Oh and I've also tried pulling out the battery without turning off the phone but it didn't fix it. Would really appreciate any help

Global Posts
    35,394 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

You can try installing another OS, and/or remove 3rd party apps. Quite possible it's hardware, and I'm guessing the phone isn't still under warranty. Fortunately, while no doubt annoying, it's still fully functional.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    razzee01 (11-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Your hunch was right, re-installing the OS (even downgrading to a lower version) didn't resolve it so it is probably a hardware problem