Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Newest OS 8520 v5.0.0.592 Wind Hellas (Multilanguage)

Software For BlackBerry® Curve(TM) 8520 Smartphone

Package Version: 5.0.0.1004
    Applications: 5.0.0.592
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.58
    File name: 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.592_W ind_Hellas.exe
    File size: 123.45MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software (Mirrors: MediaFire; RapidShare)

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's device:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device

Previous OS 5.0.0.509
    Last edited by Seven.07; 04-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Carrier: Verizon / Device: Motorola Droid Razr M / Android Version: 4.3 / Android ROM: Paranoid Android
    Last BlackBerry Device: Bold 9650/6.0.0.431
    Thanked by:
    quartz75 (08-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Hopefully nobody has issues downloading it. Let us know how it works out for you!
    Carrier: Verizon / Device: Motorola Droid Razr M / Android Version: 4.3 / Android ROM: Paranoid Android
    CrackBerry User

I am currently downloading it for my girlfriend. I found out that you must check which version you download and not just pick the top most one.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I noticed that and tried linking directly to where you start filling in information. So the link I offered above should bring you to Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1004 (Multilanguage) (5.0.0.592) page.

I was not that impressed with the leak.

If you guys could be so kind and do th bug checking, I'd appreciate. Just rolledback to .411 today and I am not in the mood for anoher OS update, if it may have the very same bugs...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Can someone post a RS or HF link?

Thank you very much
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    I was not that impressed with the leak.

If you guys could be so kind and do th bug checking, I'd appreciate. Just rolledback to .411 today and I am not in the mood for anoher OS update, if it may have the very same bugs...
    I agree... I don't llike the leak very much, either and rolled back to .509.

I'm waiting to see whether the trackpad problem is gone for all users and Klondike is back on the games list...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    A COLADAS

Is this any different then the leaked .592 I'm using?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

For those that were wanting a mirrored link:

MediaFire Download
    mediafire.com/file/1rud1hyzgym/8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.592_W ind_Hellas.exe
    Last edited by Seven.07; 04-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Any news on whether trackpad bug has been fixed in this one?
    CrackBerry User

Just updated...no issues. It went smoothly.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ran into a issue please help...

uncaught exception:
    application
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer(211)
    is not responding; process terminated
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by david111jr View Post
    ran into a issue please help...

uncaught exception:
    application
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer(211)
    is not responding; process terminated
    It looks like you need to reload the operating system on your device. I was doing some google searches and that's what people are suggesting. (Doing a wipe then installing the OS) I think that exception has to do with BBM5 though.
    CrackBerry Newbie

What's the difference of this one from .509?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

Downloading as we speak
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Also added RapidShare Mirror.

rapidshare.com/files/373673591/8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.592_W ind_Hellas.exe.html
    CrackBerry User

what about 1 sec fast forwarding at videos with media player? anybody tested it yet? is it still 1 sec per finger swing?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

Ok, she's loaded up. Will fully charge battery and test that, and will try my apps.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

I did a battery pull and got uncaught exception index 7>=7. Any ideas?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

Ok, did 2nd battery pull, no error. Lets do a third and see.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

3rd pull and no error found. I'll toss it up as a fluke unless it pops again. Going to call it a night and charge my berry up.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

yup the same as the leaked version. Still having trackpad issue..
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    A COLADAS

My trackpad is workin fine. I tried to load the official in replace of the leaked version. Apploader did not find any changes, so I'm assuming the versions are identical. Still no keylock.

CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    20F7E13E

Hey CrackBerry friends,

I have a BB 8900 and just downloaded .592 for the 8900 from WIND hellas. Also I have the latest version of BDM. .592 IS installed and I see the files in shared folder

Problem: When I go to Apploader it doesn't find the files necessary to load .592. When I try to "Add" them it says the files are not compatible.

How do I solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Hern
    CrackBerry User

wiped my handheld with BBSAK, loaded it with this new OS along with injected East Asian Language, restore my handheld with backup from DM...

So far running smoothly, no problem whatsoever, will testing battery life after 24 hrs...

fast forwarding videos at media player still sucks, *damn* with 1 sec per finger swing....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast