CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Is my phone blocked?

Hi, I'm from the UK. I bought a 8250 off eBay last week and it arrived today.

I put my simcard in side (Orange network) and I get full signal. However, when I try to make a call, it says "Call Failed" on the screen. I cannot receive calls either.

I've looked at the 'Service Status' menu, and it says MOBILE VOICE: Not available.

I hope I haven't been scammed!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

You need Orange service books on it. Call orange and they will help you set it up.

Welcome to the forums.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by RWWackoStu View Post
    You need Orange service books on it. Call orange and they will help you set it up.

Welcome to the forums.
    Hi, I have just tried my mums O2 simcard in it as well, I get the same problem.

Do you think it's been blocked?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

No, I think it needs to be set up for your network. Call Orange and ask for BlackBerry Tech Support.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

What carrier is this phone from (branded to)? It sounds like it might not be unlocked. If it is, or it's already branded to the carrier you want to use it on then you need to call your carrier as was mentioned above.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks, ill give them a ring.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ridesno159 View Post
    What carrier is this phone from (branded to)? It sounds like it might not be unlocked. If it is, or it's already branded to the carrier you want to use it on then you need to call your carrier as was mentioned above.
    No idea mate. The eBay description said unlocked. I've tried Orange and O2 and had no luck (full signal, but can't make calls)
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

Okay, when you boot it up? which carrier logo shows up?

Is it unbranded? no matter what the original Carriers logo will show up on boot.

Its just a matter of having it registered.

BlackBerry's are a little more than other gsm phones. BlackBerry's require registration on any service, not just pop sim in and go.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    Okay, when you boot it up? which carrier logo shows up?

Is it unbranded? no matter what the original Carriers logo will show up on boot.

Its just a matter of having it registered.

BlackBerry's are a little more than other gsm phones. BlackBerry's require registration on any service, not just pop sim in and go.
    It just says "BlackBerry" when I boot up.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

So what carrier is the phone from?

If it's an Orange phone and you want to use it on Orange then it doesn't need to be unlocked. But if it's from a different carrier then it needs to be. Here's how to tell.

How do I know if my Blackberry is Unlocked?

You can insert a SIM card in your phone and then go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and type the letters "mepd" (without the quotes) (might need to be in caps)

If Network says Disabled or Inactive, that means your Blackberry is already unlocked.

If Network says Enabled or Active, that means your phone is locked.

If Network says Blocked, that means the only way to unlock your phone would be for us or any equipped shop to physically have your phone.

If all say Disabled but Service Provider says Active, that means you need the SP Unlock Code to unlock your Blackberry.
    Edit: Ahh unbranded, just contact your carrier then.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 09-30-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Just rung Orange PAYG service. The guy on the phone told me he had enabled the BB services. He then went on to say that the phone IS blocked, after I gave him the IMEI number. He told me Orange have not blocked the phone, but another network provider has. He said to ring eBay and ask them what the problem is.

I then switched on the phone and received a text message from Orange. Now the phone can make and receive calls.

Very strange.

Thanks for the help guys, I hope nothing goes wrong!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

Is your BB data working?
    That might be the blocked part

How many service book entries do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    Is your BB data working?
    That might be the blocked part

How many service book entries do you have?

Hi, under Service Books, it says:

Wi-Fi TC/IP Browser [BrowserCon...
    Wi-Fi TC/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    MMS Client [MMS]

They all have ticks next to them. I'm yet to top up so I haven't tried using the web etc yet. Will I be able to use BBM?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Hi I need help I have a BB curve 8520 but there's no entries for unlock code , there is a other way maybe changing the OS or usb connection or other way I really need this information plz any ideas from cracberry comunity. Plz

CrackBerry Newbie

hi my blackberry is doing the same thing i got signal but when i try and phone it says call failed and can no receive calls??? wot can i do?
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi my blackberry is doing the same thing i got signal but when i try and phone it says call failed and can no receive calls??? wot can i do? plz help i have a bold.and it says no service currently available?
    Last edited by elliewitt; 12-16-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

im having the same kinda problem. my sim has BIS on and i put it in this phone i bought and the bbm and internet works but if i try load airtime or phone in our out it says "no service currently available" HEEEEEEEEELP!
    i did a search on the Eimi number its not blocked any the guy was using it then he borrowed it to his mom and when he got it back it needed a software update so we did that and then it was having this problem.