CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My blackberry keeps saying my password is incorrect! But I know I got it right...

I was fumbling with my phone and knew that my first attempt to enter my security password could have been wrong. But the next attempts still couldn't get me in. It asked me to type "blackberry" after the 5th attempt and the usual *** came out as letters and numbers. So when I could see what I was typing, I saw that I got my password right!

But I checked out this old thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/sc...04/index2.html

And they say maybe even if I thought my password had numbers, the keyboard just always thought of it as letters.

But i have been using the same password for a year and I have been typing it the exact same way. how could it be wrong?

I have one attempt left and I'm afraid it'll wipe everything out. Hoping someone can tell me what to do.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

This probably isn't much help, but make sure you have number lock and caps lock turned off. I know it's obvious, but just making sure.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thanks for replying! I called my carrier's tech support and I had no choice but to keep trying what I thought was right...and yup, caps lock and numlock were off. But on the 10th attempt, I couldn't get in and it wiped my phone. I think my phone really does have corrupted data somewhere. It was due to be wiped anyway. I guess the password glitch may also be part of it.

Thanks though! Happy New Year!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same problem - known problem?

I have the same problem, am on my 7th attempt now and am absolutely positive I am entering the right password - I enter it 15-20 times a day and it now also shows on the screen (instead of the asterisks). Three more attempts or it will all get wiped - not really happy with that, but if I can continue using the BB after I've set it all up again I would.

Anybody know any solutions or will I just have to go through with entering my (right) password again till I'm wiped and trying to set it up again?
    CrackBerry User

Default My blackberry keeps saying my password is incorrect! But I know I got it right...

happens sometimes
    CrackBerry Newbie

As I thought it was maybe just an error/malfunction, I now took out the battery and sim card and put them in again after a short time (that helped in several other problems when the BB kept crashing).

Now all I come up with is a white screen with something struckthrough in a circle and Reload Software: 513 - what is that ?