Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Lock / Unlock key on Curve 8530

Hey everyone! I am sorry if this was posted up before.
    I need help. When i want to lock my Blackberry curve 8530 i just press the A key. But when i want to unlock, the message shows up to press the MUTE botton. I have a plastic case on it, so everytime I go to press the Mute buton, I have to take the case off. Now my fiance has the same exact phone, and when he wants to unlock, the message says to press the A key with the send/call key.

Is there anyway that I can change the option on which way I want to unlock my Blackberry?
    Thanks!!!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

I do not believe that is possible. I would imagine your phones are running different versions of the 5.0 operating system. Some newer versions of the OS disabled the lock feature for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rcnathan View Post
    I do not believe that is possible. I would imagine your phones are running different versions of the 5.0 operating system. Some newer versions of the OS disabled the lock feature for some reason.

Actually we do have the same phone. We both got ours at the same time. the only difference is that his is the purple color and mines red.

This is my first blackberry and I am still learning how to use it.
    Last edited by blondpierogi; 05-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

On both phones go to Options > About and see what version of 5.0.0.XXX you are running. I would imagine his is running an older version of the OS where that unlock process is still able to be done.

Downgrade to any 5.0.0.4xx or less and you should have the A* + Send unlocking method.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

OOh ok, thank you!!!!
    I think I know what happened now, When I connected my blackberry to my PC, I got all the updates. He didn't do that with his fone.