Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthonemorris
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Kindly help for a nuked 8520

Hi all!

I really need help, dunno how to fix it.
    I have a BB 8520, that was given me from a friend. He said he was not using it anymore, but it was actually working fine. When i firstly tried to turn it on, it was not working (just red light), due to a total depletion of the battery.

After a looong time recharging the battery (days) and even changing the battery with a new one, i manage to have the first booting page, blocked at 3/4 forever, as in a NUKED BB.

So, that's not the main problem. The main problem is that i can't find a way to have it communicating with BBSAK or CrackUtil, both of them always displays the message "no device connected". So, no way to wipe it.

With the App Loader, no problem in catching the pin, but on the page for installing the new system, it always says that "no software is found for this BB" (and i have on my PC installed). Is like the App Loader can't identify witch bb model i'm using... So, no way to install a new OS.

With the Desktop manager, playing a while with the battery, i manage to have it recognized, but unable to communicate. So, Desktop Manager offers me the opportunity to install a new OS to fix the corrupted BB, i follow the instructions and it tries to install a OS (4.5 or 5.0, i choose but the result is the same). It starts doing all properly, but half way of the reset it stucks up and says that cant' communicate with the device, while trying to connect to WJM.

So, i already tried all the possible solutions to exit from this NUKED situation, and my main problem is HOW to whipe it, if it doesn't communicate with the normal programs used for it.

What can i do?

P.S. I already run the programs with admin previleges,on windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and without processes from BB desktop manager and device manager runnig.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Kindly help for a nuked 8520

try to run with another computer, you must install all program you need to another computer, if still not work search in google how to fix nuked blackberry,
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

Default Kindly help for a nuked 8520

its pretty simple. on an x64 system, there are 2 vendor.xml files. use a tool called vendelete+ to search for and remove the vendor.xml files so that the apploader wouldnt give the error

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    *TT* M® Mo®®¡$ *TT*
    59Martins59 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Just encountered this type of problem two days back. My 8520 just refused to fully booth. It starts and after about half the line, it gets stuck there. BBSak is unable to recognize it to wipe it and BB Boss is also unable to recognize the phone and therefore cannot connect. Yes, desktop manager sees it but cannot connect to it to repair it... What options are available to me pls.. The last OS I used was JSL Hybrid. But I have the latest BB OS 5.0 on my system but it doesnt install.
    What I need is just how to wipe the phone as it is presently?
    It i$ GoOD t0 Be GooD!
    =~~~~=~~~~
    www.twitter.com/vaffluence
    CrackBerry User

OK. Happy now. I have gotten the phone restored using the latest BB desktop manager 7. I have wiped and reinstalled a new OS 5, though I used a different system (winxp sp3) to do that.
    It i$ GoOD t0 Be GooD!
    =~~~~=~~~~
    www.twitter.com/vaffluence