Are you on VM USA?
The "This is a WiFi" issue is because your phone did not provision properly, that is probably why the picture messages don't work either.
Assuming you are on VMUSA:
0. Have your BB PIN, ESN and/or IMEI handy (all are under the battery), as you will probably need one of those (I don't think they'll ask for the PIN, but can't hurt to write it down)
1. Call Customer Service and tell them that your BB needs to be provisioned (I believe that the options specifically have a BlackBerry issues option). They will probably ask what's wrong with the phone, tell them that your browser says it's a WiFi service only, and that you can't set up emails (I bet you haven't been able to), and any other issues, maybe mention the SMS part -I'm not sure they are related.
2. Follow their instructions, which probably include re-download the service books, wait, hang up, do a hard reset of the phone (battery out for 30 secs, then boot).
3. When you do the hard reset, if the phone provisioned properly you will see some icons appear. If your "Hotspot Browser" becomes "Browser" and an icon shaped like a red circle with a white $ appears in the main menu, then your phone is provisioned. If you go to the setup folder, you should see the following 4 icons "Set Up Wizard, Set Up Wifi, Email Settings and Bluetooth Setup".
4. See if the SMS works later, if that doesn't work, then call again with the new symptoms.
You probably followed their online instructions which include none of the above. I activated 2 8530s on VMUSA within 3 weeks and had to do the same for both. The first time I freaked out because it wasn't working within a few hours so I called, for the next one I called as soon as I got to a place where I wasn't driving.
I wrote this a while back after activating it the 2nd time, so you can get some extra tips, instructions, what to look for, etc.
» 2012 » January | Felipe Garcia |
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions