Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how is he hacking past my password lock

Guys I use a blackberry curve 8520 on which I set up a password tat has 10 characters and I set it to automatically lock after 2 minutes of idle time,but my 16 year old cousin always manages to unlocked it n go through ma stuff*so annoying* I first thought he knew the password but I have changed it over 10 times and he still succeeds....please help I keep very crucial information on my blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

If the password is properly set then it CANNOT be bypassed.

After 10 (a settable maximum) number of false tries the phone will stop asking for a password and will then ask that you type the word "blackberry", after which the phone will wipe itself of all your personal data.

The BlackBerry password is so secure that even national security services are unable to bypass it without great effort. To all intents and purposes, a BlackBerry, once properly password protcted is uncrackable by any normally available means.

What is happening to yours, I do not know but it sounds like either the password had not been correctly set or whomever is unlocking it knows the password.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Man this guy does it quicker than I can say password....or is it because I changed some of the security setting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Then you need to check exactly how you set up the password. Do not be confused with the keyboard lock.

You do not say which phone yo uhave but to set the password, you need to go to Options, Password and Enable the Password and then set it. Make sure that the security timeout is set to 1 minute and do not let the phne out of your hand until the lock has set.

You should make a full BAckup of your phone to your PC before you do this so that when the phone gets wiped, you can at least recoved your personal data.

Make no mistake, if ya do it right, your BlackBerry IS uncrackable. Of this, there is no question.

I am assuming that you have a phone that you are ALLOWED to change the password. Some corporate phones disable password changes by users. This is done by the corporate IT dept. to stop employees forgetting their passwords.

Without insulting your intelligence, here is a simple video that I found on how toi set the password Set a password for your BlackBerry - Tutorials - butterscotch
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: how is he hacking past my password lock

Hey Pete!

Curious if you have any advise for me on a password locked screen at 9/10 attempts. I have 4 weeks of work on my blackberry in my notes section and tons of new contacts and photos for work projects. I was planning to back up once I got home from a trip. No help from rim. I just have to believe I can either get more chances or most importantly get into the phone. Any advice on who or where or home i can crack into my phone. I actually did not forget my passwrod but my phone is malfunctioning and not accepting the same one for 3 years that i have never changed.

jen
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

Pete hasn't been on in a while, so I'll answer for him. There is no way to bypass the password, and no way to increase the number of attempts beyond 10 without first getting into the phone. It just isn't possible. If it was, the password would give a false sense of security, and be worse than useless. Are you sure your keyboard is not locked in CAPS mode? That would cause the symptoms you are describing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default how is he hacking past my password lock

buddy if u dont mind just go ahead to 10/10 till the phone writes wiping unfortunately it will delete all data in the phone but the phone will start again like brand new with no password set, hope u have a blackberry protect installed and registered so u can simply go there and restore yo contacts and messages cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,805 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferellen77 View Post
    Hey Pete!

Curious if you have any advise for me on a password locked screen at 9/10 attempts. I have 4 weeks of work on my blackberry in my notes section and tons of new contacts and photos for work projects. I was planning to back up once I got home from a trip. No help from rim. I just have to believe I can either get more chances or most importantly get into the phone. Any advice on who or where or home i can crack into my phone. I actually did not forget my passwrod but my phone is malfunctioning and not accepting the same one for 3 years that i have never changed.

jen
    Jen - is the work stored on a micro SD? Is the micro SD encrypted?

You may just pull the card and use a reader on your desktop or laptop, or even toss it in another phone.

No good on the contacts (I don't think, unless you save contacts to SIM card, too). BB Protect is an AMAZING rescuer in these situations!
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,805 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Jen - do you have a PlayBook? Can you enable the Bridge from the PlayBook keyboard? Maybe a keyboard problem / key stuck on your phone.
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.