CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how do i turn my location on...

how do i turn on my location so that when i use the facebook app i can check into places? im not sure where to look in my phone to turn this on

thanks
    CrackBerry User

Hi,

Options/advanced options/ Location definition
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

im using the 8530 with the trackpad and i do not see location definition within the advanced options
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

when i go into the facebook app and go to options...the share my location option is unavailable. in light grey and unable to be checked off
    CrackBerry Genius

The ohone's Options, not Facebook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i went under GPS and turned location on but for some reason when i go back on the facebook app and go under options there it has a box to check that says "share your location with facebook" but it's in grey and won't allow me to check it off. when i click the trackpad it gives me options to save or exit and a few other things such as clear cache and run setup wizard
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ewright11 View Post
    i went under GPS and turned location on but for some reason when i go back on the facebook app and go under options there it has a box to check that says "share your location with facebook" but it's in grey and won't allow me to check it off. when i click the trackpad it gives me options to save or exit and a few other things such as clear cache and run setup wizard
    Try a simple battery pull; if that doesn't work you may need to delete and reinstall facebook so that it installs with location enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

In the Facebook app, click on "Places" in the top bar first so that it can acquire your location. Then click "Check In".

Global Posts
    12,341 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Make sure you also have Location Aiding set to On in the GPS options.

Also, having just turned your Location On in the device's Options for the first time, if you're still having an issue perform a battery pull, as Genomos suggested. After your BB reboots, see if it's fixed.
    (This is after following Motorcycle Mama's advice above.)

If you don't know, a battery pull is while your BB is on, remove the device's battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace the battery. It will start to reboot immediately.

Btw welcome to CB!
    As soon as you have a chance, please add your device, carrier, and location to your profile. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

thanks for everyones help. it was somethin as simple as setting Location Aiding to On in the GPS option. took some time for the facebook application to then acquire my location. it wasn't allowing it to before because i had it set to off. thanks again for the welcoming BTW elite1